VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by thegeeman View Post
    virtualdubmod. open file, select streams, stream list and then disable whichever audio track you want. go to video tab, direct stream copy and finally to file-save avi as.... Not got Vdubmod open but thats about the jist of it from memory. takes about 2 mins in total to do.
    Thank you so much for this post. I did exactly as you said and it worked perfectly. Now no more stupid Italian default audio lol...Thanks again

Metisqueen
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1/10
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello there, I have an .avi file with -Ithink- two audio tracks: the original English and the russian translation. When I play it on BSplayer the two tracks sound at the same time, and the option for choosing one audio track or another is greyed out. The English track is an external .ac3 file Obviously, I want to get rid of the russian track and burn it on a dvd to play it on a stand alone dvd player. I have to add an spanish subtitle which I modified with SubtitleEdit. I would like any of the possible options: burn it as an .avi or as a dvd folder but my modified spanish subtitle caused me problems with AVStoDVD.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's only one audio track. But as I got thos ac3 file maybe I can delete the English with russian translation track and use the English only ac3 file. Both are the same duration. Is that possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cristina Borello View Post
    It's only one audio track. But as I got thos ac3 file maybe I can delete the English with russian translation track and use the English only ac3 file. Both are the same duration. Is that possible?
    Use VirtualDubMod or AviDemux as explained in the earlier responses 4 years ago.

Why don't people READ THE THREAD instead of asking the same question over and over?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Cristina Borello View Post
    I have an .avi file with -Ithink- two audio tracks: the original English and the russian translation. When I play it on BSplayer the two tracks sound at the same time, and the option for choosing one audio track or another is greyed out. The English track is an external .ac3 file
    It's unlikely that you have 2 audio tracks if both play at the same time.

You probably have 1 track, with 2 channels. Separate languages on the Left and Right channels

Open the AC3 file in and audio editor like audacity, solo one channel at a time to determine which language is Left or Right, delete the unwanted audio channel , copy the wanted channel to the other channel (so in effect you have "fake" stereo) , export out another AC3 file

The English track is an external .ac3 file
    EDIT: to clarify, if you remove the external english AC3 file (e.g. move it to a different folder) , is there Russian audio only when you play the video? If so, then you probably have Russian audio in the AVI file and an external AC3 file . If that's the case, then you just need to replace the Russian audio track with the English (e.g., using avi-mux GUI, or vdub, or avidemux)

Post mediainfo (view=>text) of the AVI file
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 20th Dec 2013 at 09:23.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi poisondeathray, I did as you suggest: moved the extarnal ac3 eng file to another folder but the english audio plays the same on top of the english. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Cristina Borello View Post
    Hi poisondeathray, I did as you suggest: moved the extarnal ac3 eng file to another folder but the english audio plays the same on top of the english. Thanks for your help.

English on English ? or was that a typo ? Can you clarify ...
    When you play the video, with the external ac3 file somewhere else, do you hear Russian audio or something else, or both ?

Please post the mediainfo text report
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm assuming you just want to replace the current (dual language, L+ R) audio with your external Eng ac3 track ?

Do you see this picture in this post? Drop & drag your avi and external audio. Double click them to add them. Uncheckmark the audio track you don't want. Push start
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/313023-How-do-i-remove-an-audio-track-from-an-AVI-f...=1#post1936434

Another method is to use vdub
    1) open the video in virtualdub
    2) video=>direct stream copy
    3) audio=> direct stream copy
    4) audio=> "audio from other file", then navigate to the external ac3 file that you want to replace with
    5) file=>save as avi
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sorry poison had to leave for a while. When I play the video, with the external ac3 file somewhere else there is no change at all: I hear the original English audio in the background and the Russian translation on the front. Unfortunatelly both languages are on both channels: when I flip the balance to either L or R both languages can be heard. Sorry to make such a fuss over a well known movie but it's impossible to get here in Argentina. Unless you import it from abroad but there are government regulations against that here. Sorry Roman!

Here's a screenshot of Mdeiainfo
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mediainfo.gif
Views:	362
Size:	477.6 KB
ID:	22230
    Last edited by Cristina Borello; 20th Dec 2013 at 16:11.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi again poison, I tried your options but Virtualdub says the external ac3 fileis of an unknown or unsupported file type and Avidemux gives me something similar. Thanks for you kindness and help but I think I'll give it up.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Cristina Borello View Post
    Hi again poison, I tried your options but Virtualdub says the external ac3 fileis of an unknown or unsupported file type and Avidemux gives me something similar. Thanks for you kindness and help but I think I'll give it up.
    vdub needs the ac3acm plugin . Avidemux should work as is, so should avi-mux gui

Unfortunatelly both languages are on both channels: when I flip the balance to either L or R both languages can be heard.
    Probably a crappy audio dub over...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are prepared to put the file in a MKV container using mkvmergegui you can easily remove the existing audio track and replace it with the ac3 audio you have. All you do is untick the existing audio and add the new file. It will not re-encode the video and will maintain original quality. As long as your media player can play mkv files I think this is the simplest solution.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  14. Pioson, I will try what you suggest:

vdub needs the ac3acm plugin . Avidemux should work as is, so should avi-mux gui

Probably a crappy audio dub over...[/QUOTE]

No doubt a crappy audio dub but the video quality is very good +. As I said before I really want to see this film with my mum and it's not available at local dvd stores in Argentina.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    If you are prepared to put the file in a MKV container using mkvmergegui you can easily remove the existing audio track and replace it with the ac3 audio you have. All you do is untick the existing audio and add the new file. It will not re-encode the video and will maintain original quality. As long as your media player can play mkv files I think this is the simplest solution.
    Thanks for your hel, didn't know that option. Unfortunatelly my dvd player hasn't hte faintest idea how to play mkv. Pitty because it's an excellent codec.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Here's what AVIdemux gives me when I drag & drop the avi and ac3 files:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nueva imagen (30).gif
Views:	832
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	22247

Thanks for you kin help again. All of you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cristina Borello View Post
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Thanks for your hel, didn't know that option. Unfortunatelly my dvd player hasn't hte faintest idea how to play mkv. Pitty because it's an excellent codec.
    Using the corrected MKV you could author a conventional DVD, using say AVStoDVD (free) or ConvertXtoDVD (payware) etc or maybe you have Nero?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hello Netmask, yes I considered that option before getting this avi + ac3 files I got an mkv rip with excellent quality, but thing is I needed to include a spanish subtitle for my mum and the only spanish subtitle I got is totally out of sync. So, I spent like 2 days manually adjusting it (adjusting first and last didn't solve it) with Subedit (by the way this software is very cool) BUT AVStoDVD (which I consider very cool too has problems with my modified subtitle and the process aborts. So, I think I'll just get an avi dvd rip with no russian translation and seat next to my mum and translate for her what she miss.

Thanks for you help guys, you've been very, very kind!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Another way, using Avidemux:
    Open file.
    Audio menu: select the"main track" (the one to keep)
    May also be a good idea to "Build VBR time map", keeps in sync.
    Then with the left format boxes for "Video" and "Audio" set to "Copy" (default), do "File/save/save video".
    Thanks! it works perfectly fine (and easy), even in a mac
    Quote Quote  
  20. This post is old, as I understand, man wish simple solution. I believe this will quite good
    http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/how-to-remove-audio-from-video-mkv-mp4-avi-mov.html
    Quote Quote  
  21. Is it possible use Avi-Mux GUI just to replace places of audio tracks?
    1 -> 2
    2 -> 1
    Quote Quote