VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to convert some of my DVDs to AVI using Nero 9 Recode in windows 7.

They are standard movie DVDs and the main movie audio is AC3 5.1

However when I load them into Nero Recode I get this error:

"At least one unsupported audio track has been found. Unsupported audio tracks from DVD titles are ignored for Nero Digital encoding"

Any idea whats going wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just to add some more information - I just finished converting the DVD using Handbrake - no audio errors were reported. However when I play the converted M4V there is no sound.

The DVD plays through windows media player and VLC player with perfect sound.

Perhaps I'm missing a codec?

edit - the converted m4v (x264, audio 6 channel ac3) plays with sound in VLC media player, without sound in WMP.

I've installed ffdshow but its left at the default settings as I had no idea how to tinker with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think Nero wants you to buy a plugin for AC3 before it will let you encode it. I don't use Nero and don't recommend it, so I know of no work arounds. I don't care at all about re-encoding DVDs, so maybe someone else will have some solutions. I will warn you that sometimes Handbrake doesn't work correctly. And I wouldn't use WMP as a test for anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use DVD Shrink. Same quality, less problems.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote