VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone else have problems getting it to work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried the 64-bit version available from the author's homepage?

Unfortunately, though, FAVC hasn't been updated in quite a while, so I'm not sure if there are any other issues lurking in regard to Win7. You might try other programs like DVD Flick and AVStoDVD, in the meantime.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions crash. But I figured it out. The favc.exe file needs to have the .NET 32-bit flag turned on.

The error I was getting is:

"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070000B)."

There is a utility in the .NET 2.0 SDK (free d/l from MS) called CorFlags that will set the flag. The command is:

corflags.exe favc.exe /32bit+

Apparently if you want to run 32-bit .NET programs in a 64-bit environment the 32-bit flag needs to be set. I have no idea why it runs fine in Vista x64. Perhaps Vista doesn't use a 64-bit version of .NET whereas Win7 does?

One other thing I noticed is that the 64-bit version of FAVC runs in a 32-bit OS, which means the program itself isn't 64-bit. I assume then it's some of the included modules that are 64-bit.

With the flag set the program runs without a hitch.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Just wondering does that change things on the computer itself? Performance wise, and is there some sort of thing where I have to change it back after I finish using the program?

Guess I'm worried about changing things where I'm not supposed to. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous

"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070000B)."

AVI2ISO 64 bit has exactly the same problem. The error is caused trying to access MediaInfo library when loading movies

download the 64 bit version in here :

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mediainfo/MediaInfo_DLL_0.7.25_Windows_x64_WithoutInstaller.7z

then just change the MediaInfo.DLL that is in FAVC folder with that one

You must use FAVC 64 bit version

hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dakwonju
    Hi Just wondering does that change things on the computer itself? Performance wise, and is there some sort of thing where I have to change it back after I finish using the program?

Guess I'm worried about changing things where I'm not supposed to. Any help would be appreciated.
    It doesn't affect anything adversely. You're simply setting a flag on a program to say that's it's a 32-bit application being used in a 64-bit environment. It's one of those things as a programmer you don't think about doing cause it's usually unnecessary. It's just an oversight on the author's part.

And no, you don't have to change it back. Just set the flag and go on like nothing happened.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Delta2
    Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous

AVI2ISO 64 bit has exactly the same problem. The error is caused trying to access MediaInfo library when loading movies

download the 64 bit version in here :

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mediainfo/MediaInfo_DLL_0.7.25_Windows_x64_WithoutInstaller.7z

then just change the MediaInfo.DLL that is in FAVC folder with that one

You must use FAVC 64 bit version

hope this helps
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  8. so had some problem with the avsdvd it could not handle 6 ep on a disc and i always liked favc .you just turn it on and let it ride over night when you sleep like many other program.

but as you say it outdated and abandonware and will not run windows 7 64bits well then i thought hell why not fix the program to run in win7-64.
    I would never believe it was so god dam easy to fix the program to run in 7-64 just update mediainfo.dll ,imgburn to lates 2.5.7 i think and wavi.exe and old hc encoder to 25 and just run it .the core that odwin did ,still works fine in both 32 and 64

attach is my updater verison 107.1
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by slient_night View Post
    so had some problem with the avsdvd it could not handle 6 ep on a disc and i always liked favc .you just turn it on and let it ride over night when you sleep like many other program.

but as you say it outdated and abandonware and will not run windows 7 64bits well then i thought hell why not fix the program to run in win7-64.
    I would never believe it was so god dam easy to fix the program to run in 7-64 just update mediainfo.dll ,imgburn to lates 2.5.7 i think and wavi.exe and old hc encoder to 25 and just run it .the core that odwin did ,still works fine in both 32 and 64

attach is my updater verison 107.1

Thanks so much for updating this
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a heads up, a change that happened to MediaInfo after 0.7.6.1 breaks FAVC's ability to determine that an audio track is AC3.

ALL audio is renecoded even if you select the "Retain if Present" AC3 option. It is the reason why FAVC 1.07 always reencodes AC3, but 1.06 doesn't if you ask it not to.

Unless someone can hack the old version of MediaInfo to work with Win7, installing the 64-bit version will cause the bug to persist.

Edit: So use this version instead: https://www.videohelp.com/download/MediaInfo_GUI_0.7.61_Windows_x64_WithoutInstaller.7z
    Last edited by doctorm; 29th May 2014 at 15:32.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but having gone fully x64 recently, I thought you all might want this.
    I previously did an x86 version a ways back, so here is a x64 one.
    It's a custom version of FAVC, based on v1.07 x64, but with component updates and some other tweaks and fixes.

If you find any problems, please let me know.

__FAVC v1.07 x64 Dr.M Custom Edition__

-Fixed a bug that caused all AC3 to be re-encoded.
    -Code modified to use HC Encoder .25.
    -Updated components as available favoring x64 versions.

Downgraded: MediaInfo 0.7.6.1 x64

Updated: Aften 0.0.8, Decomb to 5.2.4, FFMpegSource to 1.21, NicAudio to 2.0.6, VSFilter (DirectVobSub) to 2.41.322, DGIndex to 1.5.8, HC Encoder to .25, ImgBurn to 2.5.8.0, mencoder to 37199, mkisofs to 3.01a22, mkvtoolnix to 6.9.1, Muxman to 0.16.8, twoLAME to 0.3.13, QuEnc to 0.75 alpha.

_Other Notes_

To avoid unnecessary processing or channel changes to your audio, I recommend you keep a second audio filter installed. Use one for normal everyday use and one for encoding.

For example, for normal playback I use ffdshow, which is set to output 5.1 channels, and occasionally other tweaks. If FAVC used it, a stereo source will be modified and output as 5.1 with only 2 channels active.

To fix this I added Wavi.exe to the "Don't use ffdshow in" list (under ffdshow's audio decoder configuration/DirectShow control).

With ffdshow blocked LAV Audio Decoder activates instead. I don't use LAV audio for anything else, and I have it configured with every option disabled and only the output formats checked.

Additionally, to avoid missing subtitles, text subtitles must be in ANSI format to be properly recognized. They can be converted using 'Save As' under Notepad. You may also want to do a search and replace to convert ♪ to <s M/> so you have notes.
    Edit: Changed attachment to v1.1. Now includes SubtitleCreator 2.2. (I was under the mistaken impression that 2.2.2 was newer.)

Now for .SRT subtitles <s M/> is still double quarter note but <s m/> is a single half note. I believe 2.3 uses single quarter note instead, but I've never had much success with that version so I didn't add it.

If there is interest in the updated 32-bit version let me know.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by doctorm; 8th Jun 2014 at 23:14.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does FAVC copy or re-encode compliant mpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just tested a .VOB file and .MPG (extracted from the same .VOB). In both cases FAVC indexes and re-encodes. That's sort of to be expected.

If you are looking to convert already compliant files to a DVD, you really only need authoring software. Something like Muxman should be all you need.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by doctorm View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but having gone fully x64 recently, I thought you all might want this.
    I previously did an x86 version a ways back, so here is a x64 one.
    It's a custom version of FAVC, based on v1.07 x64, but with component updates and some other tweaks and fixes.

If you find any problems, please let me know.

__FAVC v1.07 x64 Dr.M Custom Edition__

-Fixed a bug that caused all AC3 to be re-encoded.
    -Code modified to use HC Encoder .25.
    -Updated components as available favoring x64 versions.

Downgraded: MediaInfo 0.7.6.1 x64

Updated: Aften 0.0.8, Decomb to 5.2.4, FFMpegSource to 1.21, NicAudio to 2.0.6, VSFilter (DirectVobSub) to 2.41.322, DGIndex to 1.5.8, HC Encoder to .25, ImgBurn to 2.5.8.0, mencoder to 37199, mkisofs to 3.01a22, mkvtoolnix to 6.9.1, Muxman to 0.16.8, twoLAME to 0.3.13, QuEnc to 0.75 alpha.

_Other Notes_

To avoid unnecessary processing or channel changes to your audio, I recommend you keep a second audio filter installed. Use one for normal everyday use and one for encoding.

For example, for normal playback I use ffdshow, which is set to output 5.1 channels, and occasionally other tweaks. If FAVC used it, a stereo source will be modified and output as 5.1 with only 2 channels active.

To fix this I added Wavi.exe to the "Don't use ffdshow in" list (under ffdshow's audio decoder configuration/DirectShow control).

With ffdshow blocked LAV Audio Decoder activates instead. I don't use LAV audio for anything else, and I have it configured with every option disabled and only the output formats checked.

Additionally, to avoid missing subtitles, text subtitles must be in ANSI format to be properly recognized. They can be converted using 'Save As' under Notepad. You may also want to do a search and replace to convert ♪ to <s M/> so you have notes.
    Edit: Changed attachment to v1.1. Now includes SubtitleCreator 2.2. (I was under the mistaken impression that 2.2.2 was newer.)

Now for .SRT subtitles <s M/> is still double quarter note but <s m/> is a single half note. I believe 2.3 uses single quarter note instead, but I've never had much success with that version so I didn't add it.

If there is interest in the updated 32-bit version let me know.
    I added it to the FAVC page also. In 7z format, https://www.videohelp.com/download/FAVC x64 v1.07 DrM Custom v1.1.7z
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Glad to hear it. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone else found a problem with HCenc using the multicore feature for 2 passes?

Any version of HCenc I use I get the last frame of each encoded segment showing up out of order as the first frame. (So for 8 cores I get 8 frames in the wrong place.)

"HCenc Built-in" works fine. Changing the version of HCenc (backwards and forwards) doesn't fix it.
    Changing my decoder from ffdshow to LAVfilter didn't fix it.
    Previewing the avisynth script shows it to be okay.

I'm sort of out of ideas. Anyone see this as well and/or can suggest a fix?
    I don't know if its Mr_Odwin's code or a renderer/codec/Win7 issue.

To be clear multicore one-pass options work fine, this is ONLY when doing 2-pass encoding. (It also means you can't use Predictive Quantization, because in some cases it will do 2-passes). Constant Quantization is the only method that works properly with multi-core.
    Last edited by doctorm; 6th Aug 2014 at 18:41.
    Quote Quote