VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a issue with Windows 7 and dvdrw in vro mode from my dvd recorder. My issue is whenever i put the dvdrw in the drive. My computer sees it but won't let me see the contents on it. For me to edit the disc i gotta use like iso buster to get the stuff off to edit. When I click on the disc it just opens a player. I tried nero incd. No luck. Is this a known issue with windows 7? My dvd recorder brand is Toshiba D-R410. I tried google tons of searches and i found nothing to my problem. Vista has no issue reading dvdrws in vro mode.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dvd recorder, read manual on Video mode setting... its default is VRO which isn't helpful ... by switching modes you wont need to rely on isobuster

When in computer, don't just click on disc ... instead right click and choose explore
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know about the vro mode. Its just i am unable to view the contents on windows 7 I havent tried to see if windows 7 will show the contents by right clicking and hit explorer. My friend is also having a issue too. She has windows 7 like me. I never had to right click on the cd and choose explorer before. I usely copy the stuff to the hdd or edit right off the disc but for some reason is that any programs i use is tell me the disc is empty. This just happens on windows 7 not vista.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So your saying you have 2 systems, one using windows 7 and the other vista ... yes or no

The right click part is in case windows explorer has gone to sleep for any reason when transportable media is being used ... dose not refer to "cd" ... as drives can be picky when it comes to reading dvd-rw and dvd-ram disc's

If the previous sentence is true and both windows systems are having the issue with dvdrw ... it is very common that these type of discs, especially the RW's need a lot more care if they are to be used more than a few times as faint scratch's basically foul them and after this they should be binned

Are these windows 7 systems new ... if so then I would suggest updating the firmware for those drives and reboot after that's done and try those discs once more ... if no good then those drives may either not like that brand of media or the drives them selves are junk and need replacing

There's also dvdisaster ... not tried it in windows 7... xp and vista yes ... but it can do no harm to try it
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont think i made myself clear my desktop witch has vista on it has no issues with any dvdrw in vro mode. My laptop witch has windows 7. Has the issue of viewing the contents of windows 7. My laptop windows 7 have no issues with dvdrw in video mode. The laptop is brand new i had it only like 2 months. It works great. I understand what your saying but it doesnt seem to help me out. Is there like a packet reader for 7 other than nero incd that may help me out on my laptop?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I fixed this problem. Since i can see it the vro in any editor. I just have tmpgenc mpeg editor extact the vro to mpeg from the dvd without converting it.
    Quote Quote