VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I have some problems with a couple of .mov movie clips, encoded with Hint, AAC, H.264 according to file info in mac os x. These files would I like to merge to either some .avi file or a new .mov file. I have to use some GNU/Linux commandline tool, so far I've tried with mencoder - since I couldn't get ffmpeg to work.

MEncoder does merge the files, keeping the sound intact and in good quality - but the last 0.5 seconds of the merged file has no video, resulting in a black screen and no audio. If I upload this corrupt video file to youtube I can hear that the sound is OK thou, but the video playback is the same as on my local computer - with no video playback in the last 0.5 seconds.

The short clips are about 1-2 seconds long, and if I try to convert one file at a time with MEncoder the same thing happens here. The last 0.5 seconds of video has no playback...

I've tried with different video codecs, but noting seems to work. Maybe someone here have experienced the same thing?

The resulted merged file will be uploaded to youtube, if that changes anything.

Best regards,
    Björn
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What happens with ffmpeg?

Maybe remux to a mp4 using ffmpeg or mencoder and try merge using mp4box(command line tool).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your answer.

ffmpeg wouldn't install correctly, maybe I should give it another try? How would the command look for the conversion?

MEncoder is out of the question, or...?
    Quote Quote