Hi there!

I'm new to this community and I hope you can solve my issue...

I've encoded some movies with the h.264 and aac codec using Apple Compressor 3.0.5

Now I need to edit this movies without recompressing. For this I use Avidemux 2.5.1 (r5378).
I know, I can only cut h.264 encoded movies that start on an I-frame. But I need to cut them on B- or P-frames.
For example I want to cut out the part between A - B (I=I-frame):

<I--------I--------I----A---I----------I--------I----B---I--------I--------I--------I--------I--------I---->

<I--------I--------I----X---Y(I)-------I--------I----Z---I--------I--------I--------I--------I--------I---->

To do this, I will:

1. Reencode the video and audio between X - Y (Y=The first I-Frame after A)

2. Copy the video and reencode the audio between Y - Z (When I don't reencode the audio, the A/V isn't in sync.)

3. Join those two parts together using avidemux.

My Problem is this:

When I try to join those two files, only the video of the first part works, then the picture hangs.
If I reencode the first part with Apple Compressor with the settings I used to encode the whole movie and then join the two parts with avidemux, it works flawlessly....

So now I need to know which settings I have to use in avidemux for exporting the first part with the x264 codec, so I can skip the part of reencoding with Compressor...

Does someone know the default setting of the Apple h.264 codec regarding, trellis, b-frames, etc.? Or how I can analyze the file to get the required info? I couldn't find any usefull Information on this topic....

Many thanks in advance...