VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi my name is Walter and i'm so lost.
    Please help me.
    I'm gonna tell my whole history so you don't suggest to me things i've already done.

I have a music videoclip collection of 300 aprox...
    Most of them are originally vobs format, 1.000-10.000 variable bit rate, ac3 and mpegs audio, and sort of video sizes and proportions.
    I'm havin' a really really hard time batch converting these to a format that is well acceptable by Xbox 360 but at the same time contains the exact same quality. I've used all sort of softwares and absolutely no luck.
    Here are the stuff supported by Xbox 360, otherwise it will be skippy:

Code:
    http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/gamesandmedia/movies/videofaq/viewvideoplaybackfaq.aspx
    By that guide i exclude the best format in my opinion which is Xvid since it only supports 5k video bit rate.

There are only 4 videoclips which the bit rate surpasses 10.000, so i could use H.264 format and convert the others separetely to a ultra-high wmv.

I converted all my vids to H.264 in a soft named Movavi Video Converter. It took some 3 days. I setted the conversion to be on average bit rate and even still the quality is worse and it's all interlaced, even tough i setted MOvavi do deinterlace.

I used Tmpgenc 4 and it's very good but since the input video sizes have to be the same that doesn't work for me.

Also used:
    -Media Coder
    -Super
    -Xvid4PSP
    -Any COnverter
    -ProCoder
    ............ and lots of other.

Xvid4Psp seems to be good but the program is insanely slow. And the tests i've done went wrong and the video could not be played on the pc.

So please light me a way of doing it!!!!
    For being vobs, the soft needs to deinterlace.

Questions:
    - What program with what configuration i should use???
    - Is there a WMV ultra-quality batch converter that supports multiple input video widths and heights?
    - What is a video bit rate value based??? I have 2 clips 720x576, almost equal lenghts and the average bit rate conversion of both give me files with 10k and 4k kbps.
    - How can i set a program to give me the output in the EXACT same quality? because i1ve setted do average bit rate and the quality is defitely worse.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome walterdavid

1: No, it must be a typo you have there ... its "5 mbps" for video
    2: Any form of re-encoding or format shifting will cause quality loss ... and depends upon the settings applied and encoder to final output

You might try XMedia Recode which has all the features and batch mode ... and stick with the settings provide from that link ... do a couple of quick short test clips to make sure your settings are correct before letting batch mode rip
    Quote Quote  
  3. tnx bro
    yes it is 5mbps
    i tried xmedia but no luck
    tnx anyways
    Quote Quote