VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have followed the suggestions on a couple of posts to install the quicktime filter to open mp4 files, and virtualDub now opens the files - but it complains about "unable to initialize quicktime: Initializeqtml" when I try to open the file

I am a bit confused as to whether it is going to be possible to edit youtube mp4 files in virtualdub

the files open and play in both VLC and window media player, and VLC reports the video stream as being avc1 and the audio as mp4a

what is my best plan of attack to edit these files?

Thanks,

Tom
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    avidemux. but it will probably crash a couple of times...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tolland
    I am a bit confused as to whether it is going to be possible to edit youtube mp4 files in virtualdub

the files open and play in both VLC and window media player, and VLC reports the video stream as being avc1 and the audio as mp4a
    You could install and use the DirectShow input source plugin for VDub - in the open file dialog, select file type "DirectShow input driver". Since you say WMP plays the file, you already have the necessary DirectShow filters.

As you may know, VDub can only save as AVI. If you want to save as mp4, use Avidemux.
    Quote Quote