HOPEFULLY someone here can answer these questions, I have to say I'm very confused...

So backstory: we just got a blu-ray player at home and thats really exciting. Also, a few months back I got a brand new camcorder for my birthday, a sony, that shoots AVCHD. When I got it I had read it was possible to make special AVCHD discs for playback in blu-ray players to play back your HD content, but it looked like everything was PC only. Didn't really matter at the time since we had no blu-ray player.

Now, here's the question I have: I have a mac. I just shot a concert video, in 1080i AVCHD for a friend and we're editing it right now. The intent is for her to have DVD copies. However now that I have this blu-ray player I'm interested in making a HD version for myself to playback.

Thing is I have NO idea what I'd go about doing.

The show itself is only about 45 minutes so I figure I can probably squeeze it onto a dual-layer disc or something. But I don't know what the process is. I know that DVD Studio Pro could author HD but I dont know if this requires special discs or what the deal is.

So here's my question: how would I go about making a High Definition disc from my final edited Final Cut Pro sequence that will playback in the Blu-ray player? Bearing in mind that I have to convert the original AVCHD files to Apple Pro-Res to edit. I think I saw some HD presets in compressor but haven't experimented.

We have Final Cut Studio 3 at work so if I need some of the special features of that I should have them, but any help or guidance you can offer would be really really great!