Search Comp PM
    Tools Needed:
    MKVtoolnix
    MKVextractgui

MP4Box
    YAMB

MeGUI
    AviSynth

Codec pack of choice (k-lite mega codec pack recommended)

Steps:
    1a) Use MKVextractgui to extract the video, audio, subtitle, and fonts from your file.

1b) Install fonts if neccessary.
    1c) Use YAMB to add the h.264 video to an MP4 container, you might need to specify the video frame rate. (File_RAW_NA.mp4) make note of the bitrate for the video

2a) In MeGUI create a new AVS script, Crtl+R
    2b) OptionsTab : File_RAW_NA.mp4 for you input video then File_SUBBED.mp4

for your output.
    2c) FiltersTab : Select the subtitles for your video, if you're using an older version of AviSynth you might need to get VSFilter.dll and manually add the subtitles.
    (LoadPlugin("X:\Location\of\VSFilter.dll")
    TextSub("X:\Location\of\Sub.ass or Sub.ssa"))

2d) Preview the script and then save.
    2e) for the encoder select "x264: *scratchpad*" and config it to use ABR mode at the bitrate you found earlier. Click OK.
    2f) Click "Enqueue" to add your file to the queue go back and setup any other files for conversion otherwise you're ready to start you're re-encode.

3) Finally use YAMB to add the audio into the File_SUBBED.mp4 file to make File_FINAL.mp4.

4) Make sure your final video is exactly what you want and delete any excess files you do not need any more.
    Quote Quote  
  2. That was a very detailed answer to this most sought out question.
    I suppose these tools help to take out the subtitles, audio and video from mkv file first, then mix subtitles with video, then mix audio and video(hardcoded subtilte) to get the mp4.

You seem to have taken linux or unix operating system, Is is possible to do it in Windows xp easily?
    Do I need to install cygwin for mkv tools installation?

thanks,
    Pradeep.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pradeep414 View Post
    That was a very detailed answer to this most sought out question.
    I suppose these tools help to take out the subtitles, audio and video from mkv file first, then mix subtitles with video, then mix audio and video(hardcoded subtilte) to get the mp4.

You seem to have taken linux or unix operating system, Is is possible to do it in Windows xp easily?
    Do I need to install cygwin for mkv tools installation?

thanks,
    Pradeep.
    I run Windows 7, so I'm thinking that you should be able to do all this in XP just as easy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also do this in AVIDemux (demux subtitles and fonts from MKV (install fonts if necessary), feed the MKV to AVIDemux, set the audio/video output and container options, then apply the appropriate subtitle hardsub filter (loading the subs you extracted). Save the video (adding the .mp4 extension to the filename), and you're done. No need for extra codecs, and fewer tools.)

Of course, AVIDemux takes a LOT more getting used to, and may require you to experiment to get the video the way you want it.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First off, correct usage is "someone,"

Second, good job spamming five threads,

Third, I'm pretty sure my guide tells you what to do.

Edit:
    This originally was the 6th post here and now the spammer's post is gone, how about that!
    Last edited by hawk16zz; 21st May 2010 at 02:14. Reason: Explained in post
    Quote Quote