VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone. I have asked this question earlier too, just want to get any new recommendation for the same issue.
    I am having a Canon A720 Digital camera which records AVI video. It is very large in size and as per recommendations from this forum in the past, I am converting these into DVD compatible MJPEG-II videos using SUPER as I am comfortable with this. At the moment I am just having all these videos on my laptop, maybe someday I hope to make a DVD by combining them.
    My post here is to just ask if this is still a good option or that I should use some other format. I do not have much knowledge of video formats and codecs.
    I am attaching GSpot report of the original AVI file

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Attached is the converted file

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MJPEG is not DVD compatible, MPEG-2 is. So the first is no good, the second is DVD compatible. However the audio and video bitrates are far too low for my liking.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    MJPEG is not DVD compatible, MPEG-2 is. So the first is no good, the second is DVD compatible. However the audio and video bitrates are far too low for my liking.
    I have posted my original file screenshot in the first post. What would you recommend me to convert it into so that the file size is reduced, I can play it easily on my PC and make DVD's in the future.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would buy a large portable HDD and archive the originals to that until you know what you are going to do with them. SUPER is not a great quality tool, so I would not be using that for final output anyway.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote