VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings, well i came across this forum ands site last night and its very good.

basically I have handbrake working well on my DVD collection, but trying to get the 1080p files from my canon 7D to a watchable 1080p mp4/mkv file is proving damn hard.

I have tried the pre sets and non have come good, dropped frames, freezing, basically unwatchable.

the problem with the MOV files is they are huge, 30s = 190mb, when I know 2hrs 20 min of watchable h264 blue ray 1080p rip is only 5gb.

I can post my settings if it helps, but more of use would be other people successfully converting 1080p MOV files with no dropped frames/blockiness/freezing etc.

many thanks in advance.

settings below are unwatchable
    -i "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\7d\New Folder\MVI_0004.MOV" -t 1 -c 1 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\7d\New Folder\mov0004 film01.mp4" -f mp4 -p --deblock=5 -e x264 -b 1800 -2 -T -a 1 -E faac -B 160 -R 0 -6 dpl2 -D 1 -x ref=4:mixed-refs=1:bframes=6:weightb=1:direct=auto:b-pyramid=1:me=umhubq=9:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:trellis=2:no-fast-pskip=1sy-rd=1,1:deblock=-1,-1:merange=24 -v
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Be sure to use a GOOD h264 video player like MPCHC or Splash first.

Or it might be the decoder in the converter that might be crappy so try other converters like Xvid4psp(it requires avisynth and ffdshow also) or mpeg streamclip or https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-encoders-h264-vc1
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, i use SMPLayer, which i rate quite highly. The issue is I installed all as per details on this site and the films I have done on DVD all look great via the film setting, but the canon 7D produces the only original 1080p footage i have.

I shall have a look at what converters I am using for sure.

I was using the .264, i have already loaded MPEG0-4 ffmpeg and XVid, will try these.

which have you found to be best and fast, the H.264 on film on a 5050e dual core is taking approx 5 hours dual pass std Handbrake film setting.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try the latest handbrake beta from http://handbrake.fr/snapshot.php
    Quote Quote