VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Samsung DVD-1080P8 player. Last night I was watching a DVD when suddenly the picture froze and the player was unresponsive. I tried several different dvds to see if the dvd was the problem but none would play. When inserted the player indicated "Loading" and after 2 minutes or so it indicate "No Disk". Up until this incident I have had no problem with the Player.
    I am wondering if a Firmware update is needed to solve the program although I "Think" that I already did that update some months ago. I don't know if this is in fact the solution or if the problem is attributable to something else. I downloaded the Firmware update from Samsung and burned an ISO file as instructed and put the resulting DVD into the player but the same "Loading" followed by "No Disk" situation happened again, therefore I cannot install the Firmware. I called Samsung and explained the situation and they advised me to connect the dvd player to my computer USB and install the Firmware via the computer USB.
    They said that if I looked at the connectors it would all be clear to me how to do it. IT ISN"T! Now I need help to do it, but more important, I need to find out if in fact I should do this and if not, what the other causes of this problem might be and how to correct the situation. Until then the player is unusable. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who can provide assistance to me. Thanking you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    firmware updates won't help. if it's dead it's dead. since it turns on normally the firmware is fine. the laser has burned out or is so far out of alignment it can't read discs. the cd method is the only way to update it anyway. if it's under warranty take it back for replacement.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you are comfortable taking it apart, if you mess it up you are not really out anything as it does not work now, try cleaning the lens.

I have on slightly expensive standalone player that all of a sudden would not read disc's, i was ready to just say screw it and order a new one seeing as it was already a few years+ old, took it apart, cleaned the lens and it started working perfectly and over a year later it still works great.

But it also could very well be your laser died.

Ya never know until you try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome Exumab

Burn the update firmware to cd only and try again
    Quote Quote