VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I have LG DVD player (don't know the exact model right now). Everything's fine when I try to watch movies from
    a DVD disc. However, when I try to load some movie from my USB flash drive (tried different sorts of them),
    some movies, which are 1.5 - 2 GB in size, it does not start playing. There is no error or something, just the progress
    bar keeps spinning. With smaller files everything is OK.

Could anyone please explain that weird behaviour to me?

--
    Thanks!
    Movie_Snatcher
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Do your flash drives use the FAT32 or NTFS file system? NTFS is a problem on most DVD players that support USB devices. If you are using FAT32 then there might be a size limit on what the player supports or your larger files might have some encoding feature that your player doesn't like.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    Do your flash drives use the FAT32 or NTFS file system? NTFS is a problem on most DVD players that support USB devices. If you are using FAT32 then there might be a size limit on what the player supports or your larger files might have some encoding feature that your player doesn't like.
    As for file system, it is FAT32. Well I suspect it is some file size limit then and there is no work around..

Thank you very much!
    Quote Quote