VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I would like to rip a dvd using RipBot264, but when I add a vob file, only that particular vob file is loaded not the complete movie. Am I doing it the wrong way?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That's confusing. RipBot is a Blu-ray converter program. I didn't know it would accept VOBs. A DVD movie consists of several VOBs. The movie file is split into 1GB VOBs. If you are converting a DVD, then there are plenty of programs to do it available.

If you are converting a Blu-ray, then it should select the largest .m2ts file, which is usually the whole movie. But some BD's split the main movie to multiple .m2ts files. You can use tsMuxeR to combine them all together, then use RipBot to convert.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I know it's a bluray rip application. But since it supports vob file I thought that I could use it as a DVD rip application beacuse I would like to create a mkv file of my dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try MakeMKV. I haven't tried it, but it sounds promising.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I tryed the MakeMKV application and it worked just the way I wanted it , nice and easy. Had all the functions I needed and it was really fast. Thanks a million!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you also want to shrink (makemkv just make a dvd without any conversion) you can use handbrake, staxrip, megui. But I think it should work with ripbot also, you may have to choose the ifo file instead of vob...but I have not tested it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ripbot doesn't support ifo files. Therefore you can only convert the vob files. You have to find some other way to "paste" the vob's together.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it does do vob and the best way is to use DVDShrink to make one vob then use ripbot to transform I did this with a 4 hour movie from several DVDs then made one avchd and was very good quality
    Quote Quote