VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a teacher making my own instructional videos for guitar,bass,drums and piano.
    I'm curious as how ... on the store bought DVDs ... they get the strip on the bottom or side of the screen to include a guitar neck or musical staff or piano keyboard animation to show the moving notes or piano keys go down ... while the person in the video plays the corresponding notes on the instrument.

For instance ... you're viewing a drummer playing a drum set and the screen below shows the notes on the staff being highlighted or 'lit up' as the notes are actually played on the drums.... that sort of thing.

How do I, as a basic amateur, with Sony VegasPro ... do this?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It sounds like you are describing an animated overlay. Or a karaoke effect?

Yes, you can doe that with Vegas Pro or similar software like Premiere, After Effects, even avisynth
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The process is called compositing and can be a very time consuming process. There should be many tutorials online that detail the process. just Google Vegas Pro + compositing or Vegas Pro + video Overlay.

there is even a video tutorial at this link http://www.watchdoit.com/watch.aspx?Video=yrMzJsDzEExpIwIBMzF
    Quote Quote