VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First let me give some background:

I own a Samsung PN42B450 720p Plasma.
    Now i know it's 720p but it is compatible with 1080p sources. So if i can get a higher resolution.... why not?

Also, i watch my movies off of my Xbox 360 in the Windows Media Center.
    Now I'm using Xilisoft HD Video Converter.
    It has Xbox360 profiles, but all of which help me none.

What i want, is a 5.1 audio, 1080p (1920 x 1024) video.
    It seems no matter how much i change the FPS and the Bit rate i get this annoying stutter/lag during playback.
    When playing a [720p / 2 channel / 23FPS / 4000bitrate] video file i converted using AVS 6, there is a little stutter/lag, but nothing like under xilisoft.
    Even when i mimick those settings ^ i still get bad lag.

So, i come to you with my problem.
    What can i do to stop the lag during playback?
    Is it xilisoft?
    Is it the resolution?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

(not sure if this is a video conversion thread topic or a newbie thread topic, feel free to remove if place in wrong section)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt you will notice any difference between a 1080 and 720 on your 720p tv...

But anyway, you must PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION! To what format are you converting to now(video and audio codec and container)?

And try convert to wmv using HdConverttoX.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    converting to .avi
    from .mkv

and the video codec is wmv3x under xilisoft.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use MediaInfo and tell us which codecs were used for the audio and video. The answer will be dependent upon what you tell us. You may be able to demux the streams using mkvextract, then mux the streams back together into a more suitable container.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have done some tests with my Xbox 360 and you can read about them in this thread . You might be getting lag simply because of the Xbox and how you're sending the video to it. Are you putting the completed movie file on an external hard drive and plugging it in to the USB on the Xbox 360 or do you have it hooked up to a network? Also, trying to get full HD so that it is comparable with an Xbox 360 might be very difficult since the Xbox doesn't support some of the newer codecs.

You might consider PS3 Media Server which, even though it is for the PS3, is supposed to work with an Xbox 360, too. Basically this media server runs on you computer and converts the video you want to play (on the fly) and streams it to your Xbox 360 over your network connection (so you'd want wired ethernet.) This lets you get around issues of codecs and supported formats but it does mean you need a decent computer.

As others have mentioned, please get MediaInfo and post the info for your various test files here and we can see what we can do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry about the lack of information in my original post. But, no. I am not using a external hard drive usb. I have my 360 and my pc on the same network and i use the media center add on in my xbox.

I have wired internet. And a very good (in my eyes) pc.

Any suggestions like the PS3 Media Server are welcome.
    How do you get it to work with the 360???

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MediaInfo details up.
    Quote Quote