VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

How do I convert xvid framerate 23,967 to xvid framerate 25.000?

I have a flatpanel tv with usb. Just got it. Verry nice, I can watch xvid movies from my usb memorystick.
    However, when I play xvid 23,967 after a short period of time, the sound gets out of sync. When playing xvid 25.000, no problems.

Or, is there another solution than converting from 23,967 to 25.000?

Hope I put this Q in the right place. Bacause there is another tread about conversing, but I am a newbie. So I guess my Q should be put here.

Have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't download 23.976 fps material ?

I would check to see if the audio is VBR MP3, which may cause sync issues for some devices. If it is, try converting it to CBR MP3 and see if the problem persists.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yep. Usually it's an audio problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the answers.

It does say MPEG Layer-3. For both 23 and 25. The 25 framerate, was the one working. Odd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does it say if it is VBR or CBR ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It says VBR. I did try to convert it to CBR with the use of AutoGk, but it does not change anything. After a couple of min playing, the sound is out of sync. It starts with the sound in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Changing the frame rate probably won't fix your sync problem but here how to do it to an AVI file with VirtualDub:

1) File -> Open Video File
    2) Video -> Direct Stream Copy
    3) Video -> Frame Rate, select Change Frame rate to (fps): [25]
    4) File -> Save as AVI
    Quote Quote  
  8. jagabo

Tried it and no, sound verry much out of sync.

Thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Oh well, guess I better stay with the 25 framerate material then.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Your problem has nothing to do with whether the material is 25 fps or 23.976 fps. You just have a poorly converted video.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Some playback devices don't handle VBR audio well and sync problems result. I wouldn't use AutoGK to fix this issue - sounds like overkill to me. If you can find a better way to do the conversion from VBR to CBR I still think there's a chance it might fix your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  12. jagabo

Its quite at lot of 23 material that does not play without sound isue on my tv. But no problems with the 25 material. Now, that is strange.

jman98

If I take a look at my tv set spec regarding the usb, it says, Sound: MP3, LPCM.
    Video: MPEG1, MPEG2, H.264/Mpeg-4 AVC.
    It also playback Pal, Secam and Ntsc.

I have 2 materials here and now, one 23 and one 25, both has VBR. The 23 does not play without sync problems, the 25 does. Now, if I change the 23 to CBR, it does not help, still out of sync.
    I wood realy like to know, what is going on here.

I was using AutoGK because I dont know of any other program , exept virtualdub, to use.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by QuickstartDK
    I have 2 materials here and now, one 23 and one 25, both has VBR. The 23 does not play without sync problems
    In what way is the sync off? Is it constant throughout the entire video? (For example, the audio is one second behind the video for the entire movie.) Does it start out in sync but slowly drift out of sync over the full movie? Is it in sync for a while then suddenly get out of sync? Different fixes are required for each of these problems.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Jagabo

It starts in sync, then after a couble of minuttes its out of sync. Its only a matter of seconds, but clearly visible. It stays that way for the entire movie.
    Been doing some testning of other material, and found out that other 25 material also comes out of sync. But not all.
    It could be the tv set. Nothing is wrong playing on computer. I just dont understand why most of the movies with 25.000 framerate works fine.
    I also tried SDHC cards, insted of usbkeys, but with same luck.

Well, its not that big a deal. I do have cables to connect to the tv. The other way, with a usb key, was much more easy though.

Thanks for trying to help.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Changing the frame rate probably won't fix your sync problem but here how to do it to an AVI file with VirtualDub:

4) File -> Save as AVI
    You also have to change the audio to match the fps change,extract the audio and load it into eac3to gui/eac3to audio and choose pal speedup/slowdown and select speedup 24/1001->25 and input what codec you want at what bitrate and file name and run command line tab.

Then load the original avi into vdub and select the 25fps change and audio/audio from other file and use the audio you just created and save as avi.

If the video still goes out of sync then its the vbr audio that causes the problem to begin with.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by johns0
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Changing the frame rate probably won't fix your sync problem but here how to do it to an AVI file with VirtualDub:

4) File -> Save as AVI
    You also have to change the audio to match the fps change
    As I understood it, he was speculating that the video should have been 25 fps not 23.976 fps and that was why it was not in sync. In which case the "fix" I proposed would have resynchronized the video.

If the problem is that his TV can't play 23.976 fps video correctly and it does play 25 fps video correctly, then also adjusting the audio as you proposed, would work.
    Quote Quote