VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using HDConvertToX and I keep getting an error at the very end of each conversion that says
    "AVI files larger than 2000 MB can only be created in open-DML-format. Continue (and set output format to Open-DML)?"

My AVIs are around 4GB

I click Yes and it does the final step in the process (writing the AVI). This prevents me from running many jobs in the queue because it stops at this point and will not continue until I get home an click "Yes".

I have opened up AVIMux GUI and set the "use Open-DML output" but I still get the message. Does anyone know how to prevent this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why are you making avis bigger then 4gb is my question? Use mkv or mp4 for HUGE files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or reduce the quality setting one or two steps below to get a smaller avi file (I assume you are using Xvid).
    Quote Quote  
  4. I did some test conversions using different rates, sizes, and formats. XVID AVIs were the only ones so far that have really good fast forward and rewind on my PS3 using PS3 media server (all the way up to 120x with instant response). This is a must have for me, so I increased the size of the files to make for any possible loss due to using XVID compared to X264.

Something I've been wondering, aren't MP4s supposed to play really well on a PS3? I have never gotten one to play. I wanted to convert to MP4s but couldn't get them to stream.

So, can you suggest any settings/formats that would give me great navigation and flawless BD conversions? I'm still really new to HDC and converting BDs. Size isn't an issue. I've got 3TB in RAID 0 on my media server (quad 2.4 OC'd to 3.0) and 2.5TB on my converter pc (same thing, quad 2.4...).

Do you know if using one of the other formats avoid this error?
    Quote Quote