VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used a BNC-to-RCA Adapter to connect the TBCs BNC Video Out to the VCRs Line 2 Video In, but I don't see any difference in the video playback.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are you trying to accomplish? Usually you would use a TBC on the output of your VCR to clean up the sync. Or are you just trying to bypass macrovision so you can record something on your VCR?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to clean up the sync.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You want to connect the output of the VCR to the input of the TBC, then the output of the TBC to your capture device.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By capture device, you mean the DVD recorder?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes. Assuming your intention is to record the VCR output with the DVD recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright then, just one question remains- how do I hook up the audio?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DaneClark
    I'm trying to clean up the sync.
    You won't see much difference on a TV set for simple timebase correction. TV sets have fast horizontal lock and can respond line by line to VCR sync instability. DVD recorders and other capture devices react slower so line to line timebase errors end up in the recording. The TBC corrects these errors before capture.

"Clean Up Sync" can mean many things. A TBC will usually replace H and V sync pulses clocked to either averaged input signal (consumer models) or an external reference (genlock). The stored lines are then output referenced to the new sync pulses.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used a BNC-to-RCA Adapter to connect the TBCs BNC Video Out to the VCRs Line 2 Video In, but I don't see any difference in the video playback.
    The TBC should be placed between the playback VCR and the DVD recorder or capture card. Idea is to correct the VCR output before recording.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got everything hooked up, and I can see the difference on the TBC (deffinatley worth the 60 bucks to clean up the transfer on my childhood Noozles videos), but I can't figure out how to hook up the audio. Can someone please help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've got everything hooked up, and I can see the difference on the TBC (deffinatley worth the 60 bucks to clean up the transfer on my childhood Noozles videos), but I can't figure out how to hook up the audio. Can someone please help?
    Audio goes from VCR to DVD recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I still can't figure out the audio. Do the red and white cables go into the back of the VCR where it says "audio out", and into the red and white input plugs on the recorder? Because I tried that and it didn't work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I still can't figure out the audio. Do the red and white cables go into the back of the VCR where it says "audio out", and into the red and white input plugs on the recorder? Because I tried that and it didn't work.
    It should.

Check that audio is coming out of the cable. Plug it into an amp or TV.
    Quote Quote