VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was having the imgburn problem with SPTI under a restricted user in XP (not detecting the drive due to no admin rights), I since have imgburn running well with Adaptec ASPI which is recommened to use with imgburn with a restricted user, has no admin rights etc. The drive is detected and all ok on the imgburn end, however DVD Flick still does not allow the user to burn to DVD disc, only ISO. As neither SPTI or this solution with ASPI work as a restricted user, it seems quite obvious now that a restricted user cannot burn a DVD video disc, which basically makes DVD Flick pointless as there are a lot of systems where the user has no admin rights, schools, businesses etc. Is there a way to force DVD Flick to burn to the drive? or remove the grey out option. I noticed that Imgburn is detecting the drive using ASPI but DVD Flick does not which is telling me that DVD Flick is not relying on the burn OK from img burn. What is going on here? This seems to be a major flaw in the program.

I should also point out that I know about the gpedit setting for the local user to gain access to the drive only. The trouble is that when you have light scribe drives, applying this setting does not allow the burning on to lightscribe discs.

If correctly answered will post to the recommended area. Thanks.

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick

Sainsdy

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Don't cross post. Continue in https://forum.videohelp.com/topic375187.html