VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everybody,

I have a dvd of a movie in french (a classic). In order to watch in full quality I have ordered a bluray disc of a movie. Unfortunatly it was only avalaible in english.

Since i have both version of the same movie i wondered if it was possible to change the soundtrack of the bluray and replace it by dvd.

Here is what i tried :
    I have ripped both to my computer. Then extracted the wav sound using virtualdub. Then using AVIdemux i replaced the wav file.
    Important : the dvd is 25fps while the bluray is 23.976fps
    in order to compensate this , i used goldwave and strecthed the sound to 104,270937% (25/23,976) (since the bluray play at lower fps , it should be longer so the wav must also be like this)

but even doing this the sound is not synchronised, i try other values, add shifting nothing is working

i also try to leave the wav as it this and change the fps of the bluray to 25fps

also not working , at beginning everything ok (after shift), but at end of the movie something like 3, 4 seconds of delay between image and sound

i also see some tools reported 23,9fps (i used gspot) or some 24 fps) maybe 23,976 is not the real number (not precise enough)

so maybe its not possible to synchronise it, or maybe some little frames have been added (thus movies are not the same). for info : the movie is Independance Day

also doing it with avidemux is hell, i wonder if any tool for doing this exists (that show waveforms of the movie and the new one , on a timeline (thus help synchronising it)

any help or experience with this ?

EDIT : also i know some movies have some "keys" added to them in order to synchronise sound and pictures (thus when seek to 01:43 the player knows where to go inside the wav) maybe this info need to be update/removed?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are at least two versions of ID4, with around 9 minutes difference in running time. However difference countries may have different distributor logos etc at the start, which can throw off the timing of the audio when syncing.

I would normally use Vegas to do audio sync projects because I can have multiple video and audio timelines, and can see everything I need to.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote