VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Visiontek/ATI TV Wonder HD 650 PCIe card in a Vista Ultimate HTPC system. When I set it up I plugged in my Comcast cable to the digital input jack of the card (didn't really understand the difference - that was just the first thing I tried). I picked up 35 digital channels, with decent picture quality.

I recently realized that I wasn't getting all the channels that I can tune with my old analog-cable-ready VCR, so I started playing around with the 650 card. I switched the cable to the analog input jack and re-ran TV setup in Windows Media Center. It found several channels (perhaps the same list that my VCR can tune), but they're all in black and white. In the 650 manual troubleshooting section it says that if this happens you should check your connections, but I'm using the same connection that I use for the VCR, and the VCR pulls in these channels in color.

Any thoughts on what I can do to get these analog channels in color?

thanks for any advice...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Set-up again. Make sure that video standard is set to NTSC not Pal. It is strange because Ati Theatre 650 has hardware Auto Standard Detection.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by danno78
    Set-up again. Make sure that video standard is set to NTSC not Pal. It is strange because Ati Theatre 650 has hardware Auto Standard Detection.
    I ran TV Setup again, but I didn't find anywhere to specify NTSC vs PAL. It just asked for my region, and I confirmed United States, so I'm pretty sure it's setting up with NTSC. Is there some way I can dig deeper into the settings to verify this (or possibly find some other setting to change to solve the problem)?
    Quote Quote