VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Expert advice wanted.
    My problem, which is annoying since I planned to use the new TV for slideshows, instead of a digital projector:

My brand new Sony Bravia KDL-37W5500 do recognize the USB stick, and thumbnails of all images are shown (I only have jpg files), BUT some of the jpg-images cannot be displayed. Message appears "Displaying is not available". Any image from my Sony alfa700 that I have adjusted in Photoshop (e.g., with curves, sharpening; and of course saved as a jpg) cannot be shown, but the original file from the camera, transfered to the same USB stick can be seen.
    What is wrong with the unshowable jpg??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have the same problem with Photoshopped images in older software (like Microsoft Image Composer). I haven't found a compatibility answer yet.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have now tried adjustments in both Photoshop Elements 4.0 and 6.0, with the same bad results - images not displayed.
    Very strange, since the thumbnails can be seen on the TV Home overview, and since on the same overwiew, a "jpg" square is added by the TV beside the thumbnail - seems that the file is identified correctly as jpg by the TV.

Forgot to mention that images seem brighter (the ones I CAN display) when displayed on the TV from the USB stick, compared to displaying on TV from my computer via the HDMI-HDMI connection.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check your output settings in Photoshop/Photoshop Elements. Are they set to output a basic JPEG? Using 'progressive' encoding? At what quality settings/percentage? Is the EXIF/etc. data still being written to the JPEGs?

What are their dimensions? (I know the unmodified versions from the Bravia do display, but I'm still curious.)

I'd assume the unreadable files are still receiving 'JPEG' icons because they do have the .JPG/.JPEG extension.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote