VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all,

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate and I was wondering why Xvid4PSP is now having issues with the audio. Every time I put a video up to convert and I test it out, the video plays with pixel marks and the audio is playing at super speed. Is there any requirement for proper functioning that I am missing. I installed Xvid4PSP 5.0.37.5 r2 (unofficial). Using the avisynth it has and everything else it has, then I installed the K-Lite Mega codec pack. Is it a net framework issue? or something else? any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have no problems with it under win7 ultimate. But then I haven't installed any klite pack...

Do you get same problem whatever video source, profile and setting you use?

Or maybe time to try something else, like HandBrake!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah no matter what setting I use it does the same thing. The volume is sped up. :/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean the audio is sped up?

Are you trying to convert a pal video to ntsc? Could that be the issue?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, sorry I mean the audio is sped up and no, I am trying to convert an MKV into a MP4 for psp use. It used to work perfectly before I switched to windows 7 and then it just stopped working...is it cause i am missing Microsoft Net Framework? Or DivX or something?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same issue too on my Win 7 P.C, the audio was very fast. I tried it with the Windows XP Virtual mode, and it was fine. It must be a compatibility issue with 7, MS .Net Framework 3.5 is installed by default with Windows 7 and since it has a large codec pack (with the exception of .mkv) divx is not missing.
    I'm currently running the previous "official" version 5.036 with no audio issues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Codec packs are usually the problem.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try the old versions, download from https://www.videohelp.com/tools/XviD4PSP/old-versions#download
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you all for your suggestions! I just installed the virtual XP mode and am currently using that with no issue. Thanks again for all the suggestions and taking the time to offer me some help.
    Quote Quote