VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I just ripped a blu-ray and unlike the others I have ripped, this one has many .m2ts files. It's like each chapter is it's own file. Anyone know how to encode this?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    THen you need to use bdinfo, see for example https://forum.videohelp.com/topic372380.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using Ripbot 264 and I've noticed that when you import one .m2ts file under "Video" (when creating a new job) that it will search and give you a dropdown list of titles and their runtimes. In other words, Ripbot 264 can figure out how to put the .m2ts files together, just start by selecting one of them and it'll give you a list to choose from (and generally you'll want the longest one.)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That, is cool. I've never used tsMuxer like that. So now I have an .ac3 audio and .264 video. AVS script creator doesn't recognize that file. Do I need a codec or something like that? I want to use meGUI to encode the video.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The tool for joining the many .m2ts files (of a "seamless branching disc") is already built into the blu ray standard, all you need to do is identify the correct mpls file and enter it in the window in TsMuxer where you would normally enter the .m2ts main movie file

eac3to or BD Info or BD Edit are good @ picking the correct mpls file, and TsMuxer does everything else

The beauty of using TsMuxer alone to rip a blu ray while AnyDVD HD runs in the background is you only rip what you want off the disc drastically reducing ripping time, and by combining 2 steps (ripping and remuxing)

You then end up w/ a blu ray compliant folder sturcture that can be converted to iso, or burned to disc in 1 step w/ imgburn

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I figured that part out. Now I have a .264 file and I want to encode it to Xvid/avi.
    Quote Quote