+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First I'm sorry if I'm offending some forum rule

Purpose :

- To give a STRAIGHTFORWARD tool and an alternative to PopCorn MKV AudioConverter, for those who doesn't understand anything

It is just a too simple tool and does batch conversion

It only accepts MKVs sources ( for now ) and transforms :

DTS -> AC3
    AAC -> AC3
    AC3 -> AC3 ( normalized )

Insert all your MKV sources :

or you can just drag&drop whatever you want

if you have a audio multitrack source, select which of them should be converted :

if you have a source with subtitles, just select what you want :

Select some easy options :

the Log :

Download links :

Version 1.03.04 - release date : 30/10/2012

32 bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?zt1oudzeoezvumd

64 bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?1wxtcks1qzt3i1w

NOTES:

For Aften method you must have AC3Filter codecs and AVISynth ( included ) installed, or may not work at all. eac3to method uses ffmpeg libraries and should be enough to give the executable path

Note that you can keep all original streams by selecting the option "keep original streams", AC3 will be forced to default-track

Hope this helps making things easier and straightforward
    Last edited by Delta2; 30th Oct 2012 at 16:22.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can submit the tool for inclusion on the site here:

https://www.videohelp.com/toolsedit?newtool=1

I'll be sure to give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mh2360
    You can submit the tool for inclusion on the site here:

The program core was already submitted in here :

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVI2ISO

this is just a straightforward tool, just too simple and basic to use

it could be a new tool, if people asks so, or if the admin staff decides to do that

do with this tool what you want, it's free

my only purpose is to help people

it can be improved with new features by request, whatsoever
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mh2360
    You can submit the tool for inclusion on the site here:

mh2360, it was submitted

You can now give it a try, any question or bug report you should say it in here, there is no other official site

Hope this can help someone, because I think popcorn audioconverter is a little complicated to use, I tried to make things simple and straightforward

again :

People should be careful about the destination folder because it will delete all tmp files after the job is done. Select a empty folder
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    MKV2AC3 link will take you to the toolpage.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MKV2AC3 - 64 bits version

http://www.mediafire.com/?fttxkzdomy1

this will fix the error ( mainly with win 7 ) :

"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070000B)."

similiar error ocurred with FAVC 64 bits, thread :

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic375957.html#2027378

Caused by MediaInfo wrong version, FAVC 64bits can also be fixed that way. I don't know if AVISynth should also be updated in FAVC, probably yes.
    Last edited by Delta2; 10th Mar 2010 at 14:37.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hello.

Thanks god I found this tool! There is truely no tool for converting dts to AC3 in a MKV-video in the world which does it by one click. I tried several program but this is really the only one which satisfies me.

It's sad that there is actually no vote for it and I for myself as a software developer too can understand that the author will not go on in improving it if there is no reply!

Anyway I want to ask for a change: I would like to get more feedback about what MKV2AC3 is actually doing. There is just "starting operation" and "operation finished", well, I'd like to know how many steps are still waiting and what it is actually doing. This would make this handy tool much more user-friendly.

Jac
    Quote Quote  
  8. In some cases the audio bitrate ist shown as "bitrate: kbps" and then the sound is downsampled to stereo. Is there maybe anything to do to fix it?

Jac
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the feedback

Here is a new version, 1.01.00 Beta

what's new :

- better log messages ( your request )
    - supports eac3to
    - speed improvements

Download links :

removed
    Last edited by Delta2; 10th Mar 2010 at 14:36.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    new version 1.01.01 Beta

- Gui improvements
    - small bugs fixed

links removed
    Last edited by Delta2; 10th Mar 2010 at 14:36.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I missed the updates but our tool list is now updated, MKV2AC3.

And many just check the first post so it would be good to the edit the first post with new version download links.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I missed the updates but our tool list is now updated, MKV2AC3.

And many just check the first post so it would be good to the edit the first post with new version download links.

ok, thanks. I updated the first post

hope this simple gui can be helpful
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried the program and it does seem to work well and without much user intervention. However, I was not able to get the resulting file to work on my Seagate media device. It locked the device up when I selected the movie. I experienced the same problem with another program designed to convert DTS to ac3. When I played this movie and the other one on my WD media player they took slightly longer to load than normal but once loaded, they played just fine. Seems like the Seagate just doesn't have the patience that the WD does.

A question I did have was that the default converter was Aften which is what I used. The program does have the ability to use EAC which I did not try and I was wondering which would work better or quicker.

Tony

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

don't use that option "keep original streams", because it will remux the original MKV ( as it is ) with another additional AC3 converted stream ... I know that some devices doesn't like it

without that option only the original video stream and the new ac3 audio will be remuxed, and that works

I don't know which method is faster, if aften or eac3to

I personally like more to use aften with a normalized sound, at least for my ears

hope this helps
    Last edited by Delta2; 30th Jan 2010 at 12:04.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    new version 1.01.02 - 16/02/2010

- better audio multitrack support
    - keeps temporaries

download links :

removed

Last edited by Delta2; 10th Mar 2010 at 14:35.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Final Version - 08/03/2010

some images :

complete changelog :

- multi-language support ( * )
    - saves all your settings
    - timecodes was added in remux in order to avoid audio out-of-sync
    - better support for long path names with special characters and whitespaces
    - some other improvements
    - mkvtoolnix was updated
    - drag & drop support
    - drag & drop multiple files ( see images above )
    - some other bugs fixed
    - fixed bugs with multitracks

(*) Only English, Dutch, German and Portuguese. If you want to contribute then translate the file English.ini ( located in Lang folder ) into your native language and send me that file.

Download links :

removed
    Last edited by Delta2; 10th Mar 2010 at 14:35. Reason: new version is available
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    version 1.02.01

first post updated with images

changelog :

- Forced AC3 stream to be the default track, the option to keep all original streams was causing problems in all TVs and media players

- (fix) if you added 2 or more files, and then make Delete and Start conversion...it failed

- Added text ( subtitles ) information

In the next version subtitles should be selectable

Download links :

removed
    Last edited by Delta2; 12th Mar 2010 at 19:22.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New version 1.02.02

man, a programmer must suffer a lot

there was a comment :

"This tool is useless if mkv contains subtitle(s) as it does not remux them in a new, recoded one.
    This is a huge bug completely eliminating it's click-and-forget principle.
    So anyone with a subtitle need keep the old way: mkvextract-eac3to-mkvmerge"

ok, half-true, because it is possible to copy all original streams and forcing AC3 ( since last version ) ...whatever, this is being under development

subtitles full selectable support ?! well, as I promised in the last version here they are :

changelog :

- selectable subtitles
    - added polish language support
    - multiple files can be selected in Input Dialog Box ( also you can do it by drag&drop )

32 bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?jgjtawgyytm

64 bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtwge2ngadj

images of selectable subtitles as like the audio ( full multitrack support ) :

if there is any bug, just tell, I tested 34 different MKV types....they all worked, but...
    Last edited by Delta2; 12th Mar 2010 at 19:26.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there,

First of all I wanted to thank you for this software because it was exactly what I needed to play MKV files on my brand new Samsung TV.
    It is fast, easy and powerful ! The man for the job !

As a thank you gift, I have translated the English.ini file in a French .ini file ! That was the least I could do!
    http://pastebin.com/5jD2puzB

Anayway, just had two questions/remarks :
    - there was some major updates of mkvtoolnix, eac3to and aften. Maybe you could update the whole package!
    - It would be nice if there was the possibility to donwload mkv2ac3 in a zip file (I kinda hate installer!)
    - otherwise it's cool, I personnaly do not like .net but hey you're the programmer

Keep up the good work
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks,

I will include French language in the next version
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I installed MKV2AC3 as a replacement for Popcorn MKV Converter as I was getting error messsages when I switched to Win 7. I posted a few times on the forum about the problem, but the deveopler was no help, so I thought I would try MKV2AC3. The program seems to work properly as the log tells me when the job is done and to check the destination folder. However when I check,3 files in the folder disappear. I`ve tried aften, eac3to, single core, multi core, sharing drives and folders, both target and destination are on a external hd. MKV Converter worked very well on my old PC with XP and now it doesn't matter which program I use they aren't compatible with win 7.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I installed MKV2AC3 as a replacement for Popcorn MKV Converter as I was getting error messages when I switched to Win 7. I posted a few times on the forum about the problem, but the developer was no help, so I thought I would try MKV2AC3. The program seems to work properly as the log tells me when the job is done and to check the destination folder. However when I check,3 files in the folder disappear. I`ve tried aften, eac3to, single core, multi core, sharing drives and folders, both target and destination are on a external hd. MKV Converter worked very well on my old PC with XP and now it doesn't matter which program I use they aren't compatible with win 7.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Thank you so much for all the hard work on this amazing and super-easy-to-use application Delta2!

I just wanted to make a suggestion for the next release (if at all possible) and that would be to allow the user to save the destination path/folder so that it doesn't need to be entered every time the program is used. If it can't be done/too difficult to code in, it'll still be a great application

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

thanks

A small bug because it was already implemented, but is not working...I should see

There is also some other issues that were reported to me, sources with DTS 2.0 fails...no output ( maybe the problem from the user above )

but how the hell someone makes a DTS with just only 2 channels ?!

lets see if I get some time to fix this issues and to give french language support in the program
    Quote Quote  
  25. You're awesome!! Thanks for the info, and hope you get it fixed (wish I had the knowledge to help you out!).

Yah, that's pretty weird... what's the point (other than bitrate) of having a DTS source with 2 channels? I don't think I've seen a single DVD with 2 channel DTS, but hey, what I do I know

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    give me a sample of that source
    Quote Quote  
  27. Sorry Delta2, I meant that I don't have any DVDs that have DTS with 2 channels... but now that I think about it, for older movies, I see how the remastering would make sense in DTS.

Please keep up the great work, and I look forward to testing the next release (hopefully with the destination path/folder saving option present!)
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MKV2AC3 Update 11/01/2011

(FIX) DTS-HD Master Audio failed to convert
    (FIX) Working Folder was not saved
    - Slovak language added
    - Italian Language added
    - French Language added

32b

http://www.mediafire.com/?c2tlk7x2a4ceae6

64b

http://www.mediafire.com/?s62i44ogfh41vwo
    Quote Quote  
  29. Awesome!! Installed, and when I started up the new version, the last used folder was already there! Great job Delta2!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry only now I have fixed that issues about DTS-HD Master Audio and saving the working folder, but I have had not much time

thanks, any bug just let me know, or in case I have missed something

I'm currently making it faster improving the eac3to method

PS:

implemented in version 1.03.01
    Last edited by Delta2; 14th Jan 2011 at 16:08.
    Quote Quote