Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this type of system problems is like looking for a needle in a haystack

I run your XML log in another debugger I have and it says this :

SwDRM.dll - NotFound:
    Probed Paths:
    C:\Windows\system32\ui\SwDRM.dll

I checked your log, and near to the end, at position 23.26.03,4981052 it says :

c:\windows\system32\ui\SwDRM.dll ---> PATH NOT FOUND

here the full event :

<event>
    <ProcessIndex>281</ProcessIndex>
    <Time_of_Day>12:26:03.4981052 PM</Time_of_Day>
    <Process_Name>MKV2AC3.exe</Process_Name>
    <PID>1164</PID>
    <Operation>CreateFile</Operation>
    <Path>C:\Windows\system32\ui\SwDRM.dll</Path>
    <Result>PATH NOT FOUND</Result>
    <Detail>Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
    </Detail>
    </event>

what is that ?! do you notice UI in the path ?!

UI normally means user interface, is that some malware ?! I have no idea what that is, I checked my registry and system, and I didn't find such reference. Try to find it in your system registry, make a search...

here is my recommendations :

1) First of all :

Start Windows 7 in Safe Mode and see if you can run MKV2AC3

2) AVAST is weak, get rid of that, install COMODO that is free and more powerful

http://antivirus.comodo.com/

3) run a malware removal tool in your system, and make a full scan using comodo

4) Run Windows System File Checker

click on Start, and enter SFC/SCANNOW in the Search box, and hit the Enter key.

Follow the on-screen commands.

5) try to clean your Registry

CCleaner I think is the best tool

6) You can make a system restore :

click on Start, and enter RSTRUI.EXE in the Search box, and hit the Enter key.
    Last edited by Delta2; 6th Apr 2014 at 11:23.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Delta2 View Post
    what is that ?! do you notice UI in the path ?!
    I don't know what that is. I see it in the path now that you point it out. I had no such folder in System32. I had no SwDRM.dll in System32 or anywhere else. I downloaded one and put it in System32 and in a 'ui' folder I created and nothing.
    1) I started in Safe Mode and can't run MKV2AC3. Nothing. Before even opening it still says, "MKV2AC3 has stopped working."
    2) I'll stick with Avast.
    3) I downloaded and ran MalwareBytes. It found the remains of two toolbars and I quarantined them. Nothing serious.
    4) After putting SFC/SCANNOW into the Search, it replied with, "No items match your search."
    5) I downloaded and ran CCleaner. Nothing much of interest was found and deleted.
    6) I did a System Restore about a week ago for something else.

Thanks for trying to help but you've wasted enough of your time on this. I do appreciate it. I'm building a new computer now and I'll try again after it's complete and the Win7 OS is installed.
    Last edited by manono; 6th Apr 2014 at 21:20.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SFC is a windows command to restore critical system files, located at c:\windows\system32

when you install Win7 in your new computer, test immediately if you can run MKV2AC3 before you install something else that can damage your system again

After a search I have found this :

SwDRM.dll..... ShockWave Digital Rights Management

maybe ShockWave made changes in your system, in case you used that, don't know

good luck with your new computer
    Last edited by Delta2; 7th Apr 2014 at 04:42.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi folks,

I really apologize for being so clueless. mkv2ac3 has worked well for me but now i get an error message "ERROR! Try the other method of conversion". I don't know how to do this because I don't know the "path to eac3to executable". Where is this location or how do I get it? Thanks.

SOLVED: I downloaded the file from the web.
    Last edited by sleepless77; 26th Apr 2015 at 23:21. Reason: Solved
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sleepless77 View Post
    Hi folks,

I really apologize for being so clueless. mkv2ac3 has worked well for me but now i get an error message "ERROR! Try the other method of conversion". I don't know how to do this because I don't know the "path to eac3to executable". Where is this location or how do I get it? Thanks.

SOLVED: I downloaded the file from the web.
    Greetings from Portugal

Once upon a time there was a need to convert everything, it was a fun time....then it came MediaPlayers, and then Smart TV, LOL almost a folk tale
    Quote Quote  
  6. Dear sir, are you still going to improve this program, i hope you do.
    Thank You Dennis Reyes
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Hello: Try using the newest VidCoder beta,,it will handle all your conversion needs..The author of mkv2ac3 is NOT correct when he says there is no need to encode video and audio files (maybe for him it is)..There was a place and time for mkv2ac3..Encoding is much more advanced now and much faster and efficiently done this day and age..Why would want to use a program that hasnt been updated since 2012 anyway..If Vidcoder dosent work for you then go back in Videohelp and try another encoder that suits your needs..Good Luck..https://www.videohelp.com/software/VidCoder
    Quote Quote