+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MKV2AC3 Update - Build 14/01/2011 - version 1.03.01

changelog :

(FIX) DTS-HD Master Audio problems - distorted sound, or no output when using AFTEN method
    (FIX) Normalization problems - no output - in some files using AFTEN method
    (FIX) Normalization options not saved after exiting
    (FIX) Changing methods after the first encoding is finished no output was produced, a restart was needed
    (NEW) EAC3TO speed increase, bypass of useless steps
    (NEW) EAC3TO normalization enabled
    (NEW) Spanish language support

Download links :

32bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?wh9618fynxs9dwb

64 bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?wfb8bcixqfqboml

PS:

forgot to say that MKVToolnix was also updated
    Last edited by Delta2; 18th Jan 2011 at 16:17.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MKV2AC3 Update - version 1.03.02 - Release Date : 23/01/2011

(FIX) Forced Header Compression to None, for better compatibility with all devices ( thanks to Momir Milekic )

32 bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?y119174agfelxto

64 bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?h6c1dg19dd9lcq5
    Last edited by Delta2; 23rd Jan 2011 at 11:01.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the continued development Delta2!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have tried multiple times to use this tool to convert an AAC audio track in an mkv file to an AC3 audio track. All indications are that the program is working properly, but then there is no output file generated. The log shows all of the steps as successful and instructs to "Please Check the following output folder." But, as I said, there is no output file created. I have about 100 mkv files that I need to convert so that they will play on my WDC Live Hub video server. If anyone has suggestions, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Doug
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zaq12wsx View Post
    I have tried multiple times to use this tool to convert an AAC audio track in an mkv file to an AC3 audio track. All indications are that the program is working properly, but then there is no output file generated. The log shows all of the steps as successful and instructs to "Please Check the following output folder." But, as I said, there is no output file created. I have about 100 mkv files that I need to convert so that they will play on my WDC Live Hub video server. If anyone has suggestions, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Doug

There is a bug with selected subtitles using eac3to method, it produces no output, until I fix that the workaround is to keep temporaries or swith to the other method ( there is 2 methods available )

if that doesn't work, can you post here a sample of that movie ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Delta2,
    I was not using the EAC3TO method, I was using Aften. The EAC3TO method would give me a failure message every time I tried it. I just tried the method of keeping the temporary files and it created several various files, but not an mkv file. Is there a post somewhere that details how to use these temporary files to create the output files that I need?

Doug
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zaq12wsx View Post
    Delta2,
    I was not using the EAC3TO method, I was using Aften. The EAC3TO method would give me a failure message every time I tried it. I just tried the method of keeping the temporary files and it created several various files, but not an mkv file. Is there a post somewhere that details how to use these temporary files to create the output files that I need?

Doug
    Are you converting to a FAT32 disk ? also, there is no support for subtitles other than TEXT Based. Try a NTFS drive, don't check any subtitle in inputs if you are not sure they are text based

give me a sample of that file
    Last edited by Delta2; 3rd Feb 2011 at 13:31.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Delta2,
    The disk is an NTFS drive and there were no subtitles in the files I tried. I attempted to attach the mkv file but they are all about 1GB in size and the upload limit is 30MB. Any suggestions on how to cut down one of the existing files?

Many thanks,

Doug
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by zaq12wsx View Post
    Delta2,
    The disk is an NTFS drive and there were no subtitles in the files I tried. I attempted to attach the mkv file but they are all about 1GB in size and the upload limit is 30MB. Any suggestions on how to cut down one of the existing files?

Many thanks,

Doug

Edit: All of these 100+ files that I need to convert were created with DVDFab. I used the H.264/AAC preset and none of them have audio when played on my son's WDC Live Hub. Playing them using VLC on the PC does produce sound. I created a short sample file if you want to analyze it.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't play that sample in my media player in my computer

when converting I get always "invalid number of channels" error whatever I do, it seems the audio is somehow damaged or corrupted

Is that a problem of the way you made the sample ? can you play your movies in Windows Media Player ?
    Last edited by Delta2; 4th Feb 2011 at 07:59.
    Quote Quote  
  11. When I try to convert it (using Aften), it gives every indication that it has completed successfully except there is no output. The file plays with VLC but not with Media Player.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As I said, the audio is damaged or corrupted, you need to reencode the sources
    Quote Quote  
  13. Delta2,
    Does it appear to be the way in which DVDFab encodes the AAC audio track that is the problem? The mkv plays fine on my PC with VLC player. Here is another one that I just created that has the same configuration as the other ones that I've created. Thanks again!

Doug
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The same error, the audio is corrupt.

You must change that settings in DVDFab and fix that damaged audio
    Quote Quote  
  15. That is what I was afraid of. I've ripped over 100 of them to disk already and I was hoping for a way to batch convert them without having to re-rip them. It seems strange to me that the audio will play on some players but not others. It must be a strange variant of AAC that DVDFab uses. Thank you so much for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    release date : 14/02/2010

(FIX) selecting subtitles failed with EAC3TO and AFTEN - no output was generated
    (FIX) channels mapping wrong since ver 1.03.XX with AFTEN
    (NEW) external subtitles support (*)

(*) just rename the SRT file with the same name as the MKV ( movie ) file, and select in inputs

32 bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?ry89lz93pi72pop

64 bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?84lly5v4h6r6y3y
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I experienced a strange phenomenon while using MKV2AC3 1.3.3

When converting 5.1 DTS to AC3 if I use bit rate of 384 kbps the volume levels are very definitely lower than when I set it to 640 kbps. Of course a few hundred mb larger file hardly matters when one is working with files of 2-2.5 gb. I use Aften as it is compatible with wider range of stand alone media players.

Just wondering how come!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hey Delta2, been a while since I last posted, and the reason for that is that everything's been working great!

Just had a request for the next release: is it possible to set it so that Subtitles are kept by default? Right now, you have to remember to select them manually for each conversion, so it would be extremely helpful is that was the default setting.

Keep up the great work!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pmshah View Post

When converting 5.1 DTS to AC3 if I use bit rate of 384 kbps the volume levels are very definitely lower than when I set it to 640 kbps. Of course a few hundred mb larger file hardly matters when one is working with files of 2-2.5 gb. I use Aften as it is compatible with wider range of stand alone media players.

Just wondering how come!

I don't know, but you have the "normalization" option
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vidjunkiE7 View Post

Hey Delta2, been a while since I last posted, and the reason for that is that everything's been working great!
    glad to know

Just had a request for the next release: is it possible to set it so that Subtitles are kept by default? Right now, you have to remember to select them manually for each conversion, so it would be extremely helpful is that was the default setting.

Keep up the great work!
    the problem is defining the default language, will see what is the best way to achieve that
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thank you for the explanation, guess I never thought of that... would it possible to somehow set it to keep all subtitles, regardless of language? Either way, I'm sure you'll find a way Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Delta2 View Post

Just wondering how come!

I don't know, but you have the "normalization" option
    I forgot to mention. I DO always use the "AC3 nornalize" option as also the loud setting at maximum level. The difference in setting between the two conversion was only the bitrate. Anyway a major problem has sorted itself !
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM

I forgot to mention. I DO always use the "AC3 nornalize" option as also the loud setting at maximum level. The difference in setting between the two conversion was only the bitrate. Anyway a major problem has sorted itself !
    aften is codecs dependant because it is frame served, did you checked your codecs ? do you have AC3Filter, for example, well configured ?

try to switch to EAC3TO method, is faster and more reliable than aften
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When converting multi mkv file with keep temporary files you end up with
    A remuxed mkv for each original mkv
    But only 2 temporary files for the last mkv that was converted are kept

Would it be possible to rename the temporay files with the original mkv file name eg

Original file My Film.mkv
    Remuxed file is
    My Film_ac3.mkv
    Temporary files
    My Film_dts_conv_2.ac3 instead of just dts_conv_2.ac3
    My Film_audio_2.dts instead of just audio_2.dts
    This way all temporary files would be kept.

Great program easy to use
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    why do you want to keep temporaries for all files ?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I always keep the temporary files until I have finished working on the MKV.
    If I need to convert more than 1 file I have do each one in turn as the temporary files get over written in bulk mode.
    So I have to do them one at a time.
    Which means I cannot do them over night or when I am out.
    It is not a great problem but would be nice if they could be named with the original file name.
    Thanks for the great program
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by onedot3 View Post
    If I need to convert more than 1 file I have do each one in turn as the temporary files get over written in bulk mode.
    It is not a great problem but would be nice if they could be named with the original file name.
    I wonder why people make it so complicated. One simply has to place each mkv file (with DTS audio) in an appropriately named folder and then select the same folder as output folder. You may require more hard disk space but then you have everything properly organised and have ALL the temporaries for subsequent use.

I have recently started using another freeware software - SPG Audio Convertere available at http://www.spgsoft.com/. Tis one simply creates an ac3 file from the DTS audio within the mkv file without altering it in any way. This works very well indeed even with 2 channel DTS where MKV2AC3 fails quite frequently.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder why people make it so complicated. One simply has to place each mkv file (with DTS audio) in an appropriately named folder and then select the same folder as output folder. You may require more hard disk space but then you have everything properly organised and have ALL the temporaries for subsequent use.

I have recently started using another freeware software - SPG Audio Convertere available at http://www.spgsoft.com/. Tis one simply creates an ac3 file from the DTS audio within the mkv file without altering it in any way. This works very well indeed even with 2 channel DTS where MKV2AC3 fails quite frequently.
    Thank you for the reply.
    What you are saying is
    Make a floder eg
    Film1,Film2 and Film3 etc
    Add film1 to mkv2ac3 tell it to use Destination folder film1
    Add film2 to mkv2ac3 tell it to use Destination folder film2
    Add film3 to mkv2ac3 tell it to use Destination folder film3
    Now start conversion.
    When this has finished you have.
    Film1 original film1 only
    Film2 original film2 only
    Film3 original film3 and converted film1, film2 and tempory files for film3 only
    How is this simple.
    Your method works if you do each file one at a time.
    But does not work if you want to do 2 or more at the same time
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM

Thank you for the reply.
    What you are saying is
    Make a floder eg
    Film1,Film2 and Film3 etc
    Add film1 to mkv2ac3 tell it to use Destination folder film1
    Add film2 to mkv2ac3 tell it to use Destination folder film2
    Add film3 to mkv2ac3 tell it to use Destination folder film3
    Now start conversion.
    When this has finished you have.
    Film1 original film1 only
    Film2 original film2 only
    Film3 original film3 and converted film1, film2 and tempory files for film3 only
    How is this simple.
    Your method works if you do each file one at a time.
    But does not work if you want to do 2 or more at the same time
    Of course it is not simple but then one has to compromise somewhere in the effort department for the result one wants. Unfortunately you can't run multiple instances of the software.

All the more reason to switch to SPG software. which creates a fully named file containing only the audio portion with AC3 extension. There is no limit to how many mkv files you can add to the list. Only limitation being the maximum bitrate is limited to 512 kbps at "Very High" quality setting. You can always use mkvmergegui to quickly create the file you want, exactly as you want it.

Since it does not retain the original file names in the intermediate stages it is obviously MKV2AC3 is NOT designed to do what you want like retaining multiple temporaries.This should not be a problem since you can extract the dts audio part by simply using mkvextratgui software.
    Of course you could always retain both formats of the audio (original and unaltered DTS + freshly created AC3) within the new mkv file.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only reason I added that option of "keep temporary files" was for debugging mainly using aften method, was bad design not to keep them for multiple files. Eac3to method is almost direct conversion

as for DTS 2.0, was a hell of a surprise, I don't have any sample of that type, why the hell someone makes a DTS with just only 2 channels, or for example a 2.0 FLAC ?????

I can make that changes, but off the record, and I need 2.0 DTS samples also
    Quote Quote