VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 154
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, Install IDM, Then Browse that web page with IE or Firefox and play video!! sth will pop-up and says "Download This Video"!!
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sure all of the 1-to-1 assistance Bahman has so generously been furnishing to VH members for retrieving hard-to-download videos is greatly appreciated !

In my own rather limited and non-techie experience with this stuff -- all the while not truly understanding what the hell I'm doing or how -- I just stumble forward, taking one tool out of the toolbox after another, until something hopefully works. Case in point today was a video clip from Rolling Stone mag that was apparently hosted by Brightcove. (Are ones like these considered to be difficult ?) I first tried Orbit (and yeah, I'm aware that development ceased on this awhile back, but it often still works for me), which could find the video but could not grab it. Then I tried RTMPexplorer, which errored out with some message I could not decipher. I also looked in the FF cache with VideoCacheView, after playing the embedded video, just in case, but there was nothing there. Never got as far as trying StreamTransport, RMC, or anything else from the toolkit, because the next stop was Coojah + Blader. Using this duo is never especially clear to me, and seems like more of a "shotgun" approach, but it worked ! The end result was a grabbed .FLV file -- the title also says .MP4, but never mind about that -- which looks a lot better playing as a standalone in VLC than it ever looked playing as a webpage embed. As long as I got what I was after, the process involved becomes a secondary concern at best.

I think both RTMPexplorer (which I've only tried two or three times) and C+B both make use of RTMPdump, so I have no idea why one worked and the other did not.

Bahman, you seem to have a pretty good familiarity with Coojah. The version of Coojah I'm using is the 2010 one listed in the Tools section here on VH, and the matching version of Blader is 5.0.232. Are these the most recent versions ? There seems to be some built-in mechanism for updating these programs online, but I don't know if that's such a good idea, and I don't know if I would risk it without benefit of some good advice.

Also, I'm intrigued by your recommendation for IDM, which I first heard of a year or two ago but never got around to checking out. Is it also functioning in the same category as the tools mentioned above ? GetFLV is another one I would be curious about, but probably not buy it at that asking price, so long as some of the free tools are still getting the job done for me.

Longer term, I would like to get a better learning curve going, so that I have some chance of following what you are saying when you tell folks how to go about getting a particular video.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi, used rtmpExplorer with rtmpdump with success for download videos from digital tutors, but a few days ago they are changed something, I suppose - downloaded videos are corrupt if I downloading it then I login, but downlading videos are OK, if I downloading it, then I log off (of course I can download only free videos only then). rtmpsuck instead on rtmdumd - same result. below I put the dump for one file - top then I login (got WARNING: Trying different position for client digest!) - even size is different a little for same file. Any ideas? and by the way - where I can get RTMPDump GIT-2012-02-24?

RTMP Server 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
    (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu; license: GPL

Streaming on rtmp://0.0.0.0:1935
    WARNING: Trying different position for client digest!

rtmpdump -r "rtmp://s2fwiur6m1zoii.cloudfront.net:1935/cfx/st" -a "cfx/st" -f "W
    IN 11,2,202,228" -W "http://assets2.digitaltutors.com/vp/embedded/Frankenstein_1
    02511.swf" -p "http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?vid=14240&autoplay=1
    " -y "courses/678/678-1-h?Expires=1333460998&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIQR2GJX55W6CRH6Q&Si
    gnature=BYJvFjC5MGTtmTT5YYKaKU7VSwoexAvdZ4IDJntoZ-Nz6779Uk-YW5d1BB5CueXBncsXYOYW
    jV8h-vfYYfaCML6o0NNG2wsmXk6hEe~pBMRxXjfqJJlg3inlIEaoJyz gEdJcUojMqNDbsk3UgH-M4QUA
    MpMg3IZHMHtaDpdrx~I_" -o 678-1-h.flv

Closing connection... done!

RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
    (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
    Connecting ...
    INFO: Connected...
    Starting download at: 0.000 kB
    INFO: Metadata:
    INFO: duration 69.06
    INFO: width 1280.00
    INFO: height 720.00
    INFO: videodatarate 1000.00
    INFO: canSeekToEnd TRUE
    INFO: videocodecid 4.00
    INFO: audiodatarate 96.00
    INFO: audiocodecid 2.00
    INFO: framerate 15.00
    INFO: creationdate Fri Mar 16 16:38:23 2012
    INFO: Encoded_By Digital-Tutors - All rights reserved
    INFO: Encoded_With Sorenson Squeeze
    9028.856 kB / 69.02 sec (99.9%)
    Download complete

rtmpdump -r "rtmpe://cp86046.edgefcs.net:1935/ondemand?auth=daEaLaEdcd7ascjdbcOa
    DdxcXdXdWb8bvcW-bpEVjM-4q-9nBF0DGozww&aifp=v006&slist=bisonvp/bison_courses/678/
    678-1-h" -a "ondemand?auth=daEaLaEdcd7ascjdbcOaDdxcXdXdWb8bvcW-bpEVjM-4q-9nBF0DG
    ozww&aifp=v006&slist=bisonvp/bison_courses/678/678-1-h" -f "WIN 11,2,202,228" -W
    "http://assets2.digitaltutors.com/vp/embedded/Frankenstein_102511.swf" -p "http
    ://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?vid=14240&autoplay=1" -y "bisonvp/bison
    _courses/678/678-1-h?auth=daEaLaEdcd7ascjdbcOaDdxcXdXdWb8bvcW-bpEVjM-4q-9nBF0DGo
    zww&aifp=v006&slist=bisonvp/bison_courses/678/678-1-h" -o 678-1-h.flv

Closing connection... done!

Connecting ...
    WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
    INFO: duration 69.06
    INFO: width 1280.00
    INFO: height 720.00
    INFO: videodatarate 1000.00
    INFO: canSeekToEnd TRUE
    INFO: videocodecid 4.00
    INFO: audiodatarate 96.00
    INFO: audiocodecid 2.00
    INFO: framerate 15.00
    INFO: creationdate Fri Mar 16 16:38:23 2012
    INFO: Encoded_By Digital-Tutors - All rights reserved
    INFO: Encoded_With Sorenson Squeeze
    8917.570 kB / 69.02 sec (99.9%)
    Download complete
    Quote Quote  
  4. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Case in point today was a video clip from Rolling Stone mag that was apparently hosted by Brightcove. (Are ones like these considered to be difficult ?)
    No, They are easiest ones!!

Then I tried RTMPexplorer, which errored out with some message I could not decipher.
    sometimes rtmpsrv doesn't work for brightcove's stream!! You should close rtmpsrv window and open rtmpsuck instead!

I Never got as far as trying StreamTransport, RMC, or anything else from the toolkit, because the next stop was Coojah + Blader. Using this duo is never especially clear to me, and seems like more of a "shotgun" approach, but it worked ! The end result was a grabbed .FLV file -- the title also says .MP4, but never mind about that -- which looks a lot better playing as a standalone in VLC than it ever looked playing as a webpage embed. As long as I got what I was after, the process involved becomes a secondary concern at best.
    StreamTransport 1.0.2.2041 is the good one!! Try it even before Coojah!!
    if that brightcove stream was rtmp, Coojah can detect many rtmp url with different bitrates!! even up to 720p!! but rtmpe streams of brightcove aren't like that!!

Bahman, you seem to have a pretty good familiarity with Coojah. The version of Coojah I'm using is the 2010 one listed in the Tools section here on VH, and the matching version of Blader is 5.0.232. Are these the most recent versions ? There seems to be some built-in mechanism for updating these programs online, but I don't know if that's such a good idea, and I don't know if I would risk it without benefit of some good advice.
    No, they didn't update it!! But They have released a new software that is called MediaBox!! They says:
    MediaBox is an upgraded version of CooJah and emphazes audio/video resources detection and download!

It uses rtmpdump for downloading videos!!

but I still didn't use it!!

Also, I'm intrigued by your recommendation for IDM, which I first heard of a year or two ago but never got around to checking out. Is it also functioning in the same category as the tools mentioned above ?
    IDM also can detects rtmpe streams but is unable to download because of Adobe's Takedown!! In general, IDM is also good rtmp stream recorder/detector!!
    Also I prefer free tool like rtmpdump!!

Longer term, I would like to get a better learning curve going, so that I have some chance of following what you are saying when you tell folks how to go about getting a particular video.
    Lets see what happens in future!!

Anyway, Latest News is that rtmpdump v2.5, is supporting Handshake 10!! You will be able to download Youtube's movies!! It's Already released but had bugs!!

Originally Posted by RTMPDumper View Post
    even size is different a little for same file. Any ideas? and by the way - where I can get RTMPDump GIT-2012-02-24?
    if you notice, you are downloading from 2 different servers!! And is normal if the file size be 100kb different!! It's a Real Time Messaging Protocol and is not HTTP!!
    Do you wanna be sure? Download first stream 3times!! You won't get same file sizes!! they will be some kb diff!!
    BTW, GIT-2012-03-08 is here!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks for link, but result is the same. Of course I see the different servers and different protocols - the problem what from top server (with login) video files didn't open after download.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dunno, maybe server security!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. yes, of course, but as I said, I can see videos at browsers, so suppose must be the way to capture it, without screencapture of course.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bahman View Post
    StreamTransport 1.0.2.2041 is the good one!! Try it even before Coojah!!
    if that brightcove stream was rtmp, Coojah can detect many rtmp url with different bitrates!! even up to 720p!!
    Uh Oh: the version of StreamTransport that I had installed was 1.0.2.2171 (still current issue, according to the VH Tools section, which tends to be kept up to date). Does this mean I should backlevel it, if possible ? (With some programs, you can't go back, due to a lot of stuff that got dumped into the Registry. And that is why I have been choosing portable versions of many programs -- whenever I happen to find them -- and so long as there is no major drawback to using them. Being able to run them from a thumb drive is also a big advantage.)

The version of Coojah I'm using is the 2010 one listed in the Tools section here on VH, and the matching version of Blader is 5.0.232. Are these the most recent versions ? There seems to be some built-in mechanism for updating these programs online, but I don't know if that's such a good idea, and I don't know if I would risk it without benefit of some good advice.
    No, they didn't update it!! But They have released a new software that is called MediaBox!! They says:
    MediaBox is an upgraded version of CooJah and emphazes audio/video resources detection and download!

It uses rtmpdump for downloading videos!!

but I still didn't use it!!
    Eh, let me guess: the new program is gonna be payware, like GetFLV (?)

IDM also can detects rtmpe streams but is unable to download because of Adobe's Takedown!! In general, IDM is also good rtmp stream recorder/detector!!
    Also I prefer free tool like rtmpdump!!
    Sounds like you are referring to the same way that RMC was crippled . . . but in that case, there was supposedly a way to replace a couple of .DLLs with older ones, and block program auto-updates, thereby "turning the clock back" to before the Adobe-caused changes. Was that not possible for IDM ?

Anyway, Latest News is that rtmpdump v2.5, is supporting Handshake 10!! You will be able to download Youtube's movies!! It's Already released but had bugs!!
    I'll make a note to look for a bugfix version of this, whenever they re-release it.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    @RTMPDumper
    You are gonna be wrong!!
    Take a test: Go to CityTV site and try to download the videos with rtmpdump!! You can download them without any problem but the downloaded file is unplayable!! because all CityTV streams have Flash Access DRM!
    Your videos maybe are like that!! I don't know!! should test them!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Uh Oh: the version of StreamTransport that I had installed was 1.0.2.2171 (still current issue, according to the VH Tools section, which tends to be kept up to date). Does this mean I should backlevel it, if possible ? (With some programs, you can't go back, due to a lot of stuff that got dumped into the Registry. And that is why I have been choosing portable versions of many programs -- whenever I happen to find them -- and so long as there is no major drawback to using them. Being able to run them from a thumb drive is also a big advantage.)
    Yeah, you can backlevel it!! The problem is The latest version of software has a lot of bugs and can't download/detects many streams!! 2041 is the best between all ST versions!! You can find portable version of this software so easy on net!

Eh, let me guess: the new program is gonna be payware, like GetFLV (?)
    The only thing that made GetFLV popular was supporting Handshake 10!! right now rtmpdump hasn't anything less than GetFLV!!

Sounds like you are referring to the same way that RMC was crippled . . . but in that case, there was supposedly a way to replace a couple of .DLLs with older ones, and block program auto-updates, thereby "turning the clock back" to before the Adobe-caused changes. Was that not possible for IDM ?
    IDM didn't support rtmpe before!! It's supporting rtmpe just for less than a year!! Still they have fear!

I'll make a note to look for a bugfix version of this, whenever they re-release it.
    Awesome!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Re Mediabox, this at the developers own site when you go to download:

Not Found

The requested URL /mbox/download/MediaBox.1.0.0.348.setup.exe was not found on this server.

It was only released in mid-Feb., is not in the Tools section here, and it seems they were even surprised to learn about this program in the Google Groups for Coojah !

Did the Powers-That-Be drive it underground already ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Looks promising. I'll be interested to see if they've made it any easier to use, especially for much-less-than-advanced users ? I'd be more inclined to try this if I could do so alongside of the existing Coojah / Blader that I have, without having to ditch what I know has worked for me.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It looks for me a bit hard!!
    but the only thing that I have noticed, was when you open both Coojah and MediaBox at same time, none of them will work!!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Bahman View Post

rtmpexplorer worked fine!! but I teach you manual way because I love mtvnservices.com videos!!
    from embed code, obtain only this part:
    Code:
    http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:vh1.com:723258
    paste in your browser, you will get another link like this:
    Code:
    http://media.mtvnservices.com/player/prime/mediaplayerprime.1.11.3.swf?uri=mgid:uma:video:vh1.com:723258&type=normal&ref=None&geo=US&group=music&&CONFIG_URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vh1.com%2fplayer%2fembed%2fAS3%2fconfiguration.jhtml%3furi%3dmgid%3auma%3avideo%3avh1.com%3a723258%26type%3dnormal%26ref%3dNone%26geo%3dUS%26group%3dmusic%26ver%3dprime
    Decode the above url:
    Code:
    http://media.mtvnservices.com/player/prime/mediaplayerprime.1.11.3.swf?uri=mgid:uma:video:vh1.com:723258&type=normal&ref=None&geo=US&group=music&&CONFIG_URL=http://www.vh1.com/player/embed/AS3/configuration.jhtml?uri=mgid:uma:video:vh1.com:723258&type=normal&ref=None&geo=US&group=music&ver=prime
    Paste config url in your browser again, scroll down page:
    Code:
    http://www.vh1.com/player/embed/AS3/includes/mediaGen.jhtml?uri=mgid:uma:video:vh1.com:723258&vid=723258&ref={ref}&viewUri=mgid:uma:video:vh1.com:723258
    again Paste that url in your browser:
    Code:

rtmpe://viacomvh1strmfs.fplive.net/viacomvh1strm/gsp.egvrenditions/vh1.com/2012/01/05/02/52/alana_toddlers_and_tiaras_640x480_1600_m30.mp4

rtmpe://viacomvh1strmfs.fplive.net/viacomvh1strm/gsp.egvrenditions/vh1.com/2012/01/05/02/52/alana_toddlers_and_tiaras_384x288_400_m30.mp4

rtmpe://viacomvh1strmfs.fplive.net/viacomvh1strm/gsp.egvrenditions/vh1.com/2012/01/05/02/52/alana_toddlers_and_tiaras_480x360_900_m30.mp4

rtmpe://viacomvh1strmfs.fplive.net/viacomvh1strm/gsp.egvrenditions/vh1.com/2012/01/05/02/52/alana_toddlers_and_tiaras_448x336_600_m30.mp4

rtmpe://viacomvh1strmfs.fplive.net/viacomvh1strm/gsp.egvrenditions/vh1.com/2012/01/05/02/52/alana_toddlers_and_tiaras_576x432_1200_m30.mp4

use it in rtmpdump to get highest quality:
    Code:
    rtmpdump -r "rtmpe://viacomvh1strmfs.fplive.net:1935/viacomvh1st
    rm" -a "viacomvh1strm" -f "WIN 11,1,102,55" -W "http://media.mtvnservices.com/pl
    ayer/prime/mediaplayerprime.1.11.3.swf" -p "http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/723258
    /meet-alana-honey-boo-boo-child.jhtml" -y "mp4:gsp.egvrenditions/vh1.com/2012/01
    /05/02/52/alana_toddlers_and_tiaras_640x480_1600_m30.mp4" -o alana_toddlers_and_
    tiaras_640x480_1600_m30.flv
    Code:
    RTMPDump v2.4 GIT-2011-12-22
    Connecting ...
    INFO:   duration              149.86
    INFO:   moovPosition          32.00
    INFO:   width                 640.00
    INFO:   height                480.00
    INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
    INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
    INFO:   avcprofile            77.00
    INFO:   avclevel              30.00
    INFO:   aacaot                2.00
    INFO:   videoframerate        29.97
    INFO:   audiosamplerate       22050.00
    INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
    INFO: trackinfo:
    INFO:   length                4488000.00
    INFO:   timescale             29970.00
    INFO:   language              eng
    INFO: sampledescription:
    INFO:   sampletype            avc1
    INFO:   length                3304448.00
    INFO:   timescale             22050.00
    INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
    132.679 kB / 0.67 sec (0.4%)
    Good Luck!!

I tried using everything you did here with this video from vh1 too but no luck. Maybe they've changed things?

This is the script I used.

Code:
    rtmpdump -r "rtmpe://viacomvh1strmfs.fplive.net/viacomvh1strm" -a "viacomvh1strm" -f "WIN 11,1,102,55" -W "http://media.mtvnservices.com/player/prime/mediaplayerprime.1.11.3.swf" -p "http://www.vh1.com/video/norah-jones/753575/happy-pills.jhtml" -y "mp4:gsp.originmusicstor/sites/mtvi/music_videos/j/jones_norah/happy_pills_full1_1280x720_3500_h32.mp4" -o happy_pills_full1_1280x720_3500_h32.mp4
    and this is what I got when trying to rip.

Code:
    Connecting ...
    ERROR: rtmp server sent error
    ERROR: rtmp server requested close
    Any chance you could help me out if possible? Thanks.layer>
    Quote Quote  
  16. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    it's not due to your command line! They have updated their Level 3 CDN and now uses Handshake 10!! but update isn't pushed to my area cdn!! I can run it without problem!! Also you can run it if use my connecting IP!! So, use 4.27.29.126 instead of viacomvh1strmfs.fplive.net!!

Code:
    RTMPDump v2.4 GIT-2012-03-08
    Connecting ...
    INFO:   duration              216.22
    INFO:   moovPosition          32.00
    INFO:   width                 1280.00
    INFO:   height                720.00
    INFO:   avcprofile            100.00
    INFO:   avclevel              32.00
    INFO:   videoframerate        23.98
    INFO:   audiosamplerate       22050.00
    INFO:   length                5181000.00
    INFO:   timescale             23976.00
    INFO:   length                4767744.00
    INFO:   timescale             22050.00
    60.443 kB / 0.83 sec (0.3%)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One program I don't recall seeing mentioned in this thread is Riptiger. Any good ?

Re Coojah / Blader: On occasion, I've had some difficulty using these tools properly, but I'm hard pressed to recall occasions where I did use them properly and still failed to grab what I was after. (Maybe I haven't gone after much that required Handshake 9 or 10 ? -- it's hard to say, at this point.) Some have complained about them being obtuse and not well documented. (It looks like their successor program, Mediabox, may have some better documentation.) That being said, I don't know why these would not be considered more of a "Go To" choice. They do quite a good job of identifying the suspect pieces and locations, if not such a good job in distinguishing between them. I can't really make heads or tails of all those tiny icons -- what the hell they are supposed to be. BUT, if you "cast a wide net" and haul in all of the items they locate, most of it will be irrelevant crap (.Html, .Swf, etc.), nevertheless it is highly likely that the video you wanted is in their amongst the rest; you can easily see which item it is in the download directory -- by size, if not by name -- and then just throw out all the rest of the files you grabbed along with it. There is a context menu option for downloading all of it. Not all that difficult, doing it that way. And you probably won't have to parse or hack any command strings.

If the video type is not identified by an extension, you can almost always figure that out from looking at the header inside the file, then correct the extension name yourself. Or use MediaInfo.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Im having trouble downloading streams from GTTV(gametrailers).
    I could use this command in the past.
    Code:
    rtmpdump -r rtmpe://cp74787.edgefcs.net/ondemand/mp4:spikecomstor/contentstore/getStream/gt/gttv/510/gttv_510_a_j4ndb5_3500 -W http://media.mtvnservices.com/player/prime/mediaplayerprime.1.12.1.swf -o GTTV_eps_febs_17a.flv
    But al of sudden i'm getting a error now.

RTMPDump v2.3
    Connecting ...
    ERROR: rtmp server sent error
    ERROR: rtmp server requested close
    Does any one know what i'm doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hey Guys,

iam wondering if its possible to download videos from http://www.bbcmotiongallery.com
    heres a video i was testing to load http://www.bbcmotiongallery.com/gallery/clip/1B01188_0004.do?assetId=clip_16308441 with Stream Transport but it was not loading the video.
    I also tried rtmpExplorer but nothing happend. so my question to the pros here is, is it even possible to load those videos?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mikroboy View Post
    heres a video i was testing to load http://www.bbcmotiongallery.com/gallery/clip/1B01188_0004.do?assetId=clip_16308441
    I also tried rtmpExplorer but nothing happend. so my question to the pros here is, is it even possible to load those videos?
    Hi
    When you use RTMPExplorer to download that file....
    Shut down the rtmpsrv window and fire up the rtmpsuck program instead.
    RTMPExplorer will then download the file, but it struggles.
    Complains that only 99.20% downloaded and suggests --resume.
    But --resume doesn't improve things.
    Last edited by bat999; 8th Apr 2012 at 14:27.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hello Friends!

I'm having trouble downloading the video rtmpe://video01.r2learning.com.br/Carreiras_Juridicas/mp4:direito_penal/151110_ut01_ue01_m01_prof_alexandre_salim_400k.mp4, with the RTMPDUMP, could someone help me?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

I have read almost all post in this thread but I have hit the wall.
    I am trying to download a video from Spike TV. I know is limited by IP in the US that has been solved via proxy.

This is the original link from FireFox cache.

http://udat.mtvnservices.com/service1/dispatch.htm?feed=mediagen_arc_feed&account=spik...3-6b9d8ff06435

Using rtmpexplorer got multiple options I am including the one with best quality.

rendition bitrate="3500" cdn="akamai" duration="316" height="720" type="video/mp4" width="1280"
    rtmpe://cp22372.edgefcs.net/ondemand/mtvnorigin/gsp.spike-assets/spikecomstor/media/shows/powerblock/xtreme4x4/e158/FXF158_Jan28_Act1_1280x720_3500_h32.mp4

beacon url="http://viamtvnvideo.112.2o7.net/b/ss/viamtvnvideo/1/H.1-pdv-2/{ord}?c20=spike.com" elapsed="20"
    beacon url="http://activities.niagara.spike.com/register/spike/episodes/22cbd14c-a5ce-4361-abb3-6b9d8ff06435?ord={ord}" elapsed="0"
    beacon url="http://imx.spike.com/imx/v2/tag/mgid:arc:contentpike.com:22cbd14c-a5ce-4361-abb3-6b9d8ff06435?tp.type=Episode&ord={ord}" elapsed="0"

item placement="overlay" format="png" xPercent="100" yPercent="100" startTime="0" duration="999999" width="108" height="40"
    http://www.spike.com/sitewide/images/common/playerWatermark.png
    http://www.spike.com/video-clips/

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi, can someone please help me in downloading this youtube video ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M75pAi9JdA
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Aghora View Post
    Hi, can someone please help me in downloading this youtube video ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M75pAi9JdA
    This looks to be an easy one. Orbit Downloader (no longer in development, but still available here in the 'Tools' Section) shows this item as "Ptracking.Flv." I did not try to download it, but the success rate for Orbit with things it can see is quite high. I happen to prefer an older version of the program, 2.8.1.4, which dates from before they put in some disagreeable changes, and well before it turned to adware.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Orbit-Downloader
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Orbit-Downloader/old-versions#download

The YouseableTubeFix script that can be installed into the FireFox Add-On Greasemonkey (if you are a FireFox user, think of it as an Add-On to an Add-On) looks like it would also be able to download this. Between them, I've run into few YT vids that I could not get.

I usually run through these easier tools, before escalating to something like Coojah + Blader. The "heavy artillery" type of programs are discussed quite a bit in this thread, and remain an option for the most difficult cases.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    This looks to be an easy one. Orbit Downloader (no longer in development, but still available here in the 'Tools' Section) shows this item as "Ptracking.Flv."
    I installed version 2814 but it only shows watch.htm with 12kb to download. Also, I could not see the browser integration with Firefox 7. Using IE the browser integration came up, but "URL not found" message. I upgraded to newest version and experienced the same...

Am I missing something? I could see that IDM, Download Helper (Firefox addon) neither JDownloader could grab that video. I agree with you. First try these methods and later go to heavy rmtp weapons.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Hi, can someone please help me in downloading this youtube video ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M75pAi9JdA
    This looks to be an easy one. Orbit Downloader (no longer in development, but still available here in the 'Tools' Section) shows this item as "Ptracking.Flv." I did not try to download it, but the success rate for Orbit with things it can see is quite high. I happen to prefer an older version of the program, 2.8.1.4, which dates from before they put in some disagreeable changes, and well before it turned to adware.

The YouseableTubeFix script that can be installed into the FireFox Add-On Greasemonkey (if you are a FireFox user, think of it as an Add-On to an Add-On) looks like it would also be able to download this. Between them, I've run into few YT vids that I could not get.

I usually run through these easier tools, before escalating to something like Coojah + Blader. The "heavy artillery" type of programs are discussed quite a bit in this thread, and remain an option for the most difficult cases.
    none of these has worked..

orbit it showing "watch.htm" file and also tried dat grase monkey + YouseableTubeFix scrip. it is shows "Download links aren't available".

i dint tried coojah + blader. can u please tell me how to use those ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jairovital View Post
    This looks to be an easy one. Orbit Downloader (no longer in development, but still available here in the 'Tools' Section) shows this item as "Ptracking.Flv."
    I installed version 2814 but it only shows watch.htm with 12kb to download. Also, I could not see the browser integration with Firefox 7. Using IE the browser integration came up, but "URL not found" message. I upgraded to newest version and experienced the same...

Am I missing something? I could see that IDM, Download Helper (Firefox addon) neither JDownloader could grab that video. I agree with you. First try these methods and later go to heavy rmtp weapons.
    I guess we should not expect identical results, absent our running identical software lineups. In my case: XP SP-3, FF 3.6.28 (no doubt a whole lot of changes in later FireFox versions . . . ), plus my older version of Orbit. I could proceed with the download to confirm, but I'm pretty confident that either of those two methods would have worked for me. The fact that we are not even seeing that same file is probably a tip-off. [FF 3.6 is E.O.L'd any day now, and I'm dreading the change because I'm very partial to that familiar user interface, and your experience suggests that a number of things like accustomed Add-On behavior may go bye-bye with the later versions. But I may have no choice besides getting more current with the browser.]

As far as other options to try, see my next reply, below. There are also two or three other Greasemonkey scripts that compete directly with YTF. I can check my notes and list them again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

none of these has worked..

orbit it showing "watch.htm" file and also tried dat grase monkey + YouseableTubeFix scrip. it is shows "Download links aren't available".

i dint tried coojah + blader. can u please tell me how to use those ?
    See my reply to Jairovital, above.

C & B are not exactly known for being intuitive or user friendly.
    But, they are pretty powerful. I can't really attempt to write you up a guide here, but the following links may be of help:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/212472-How-to-capture-record-streaming-Google-youtu...=Coojah%2C+Jeu
    (Posts #191 thru 210)

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaBox
    http://www.hensence.com/en/mbox/help.htm

Mediabox is the successor to Coojah / Blader, and may have somewhat better docs. (I have not tried it yet, though.) There were some existing docs for C & B -- including a video demo -- but they were hard to find, and I don't know if the links would still be valid at this point. I also don't know how well C & B will play with later FF versions, or other browsers. Your Mileage May Vary, as they say.

As I was mentioning here recently, there is a context menu option with C & B (and this looks to also be the case with Mediabox, per their screen shots) by which you can haul in ALL identified elements. This will bring in a lot of irrelevant junk too, but quite frequently including the video file you were after. (I expect there must be a number of folks out there who are able to wield this tool with a great deal more precision than I can . . . . )
    Quote Quote  
  29. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    @Seeker47
    Thank you for replying (#377)!! I didn't use Riptiger even one time!! When there are many tools better than it, why should I give it a try!!

@
    Remmy

wait for Handshake 10!!

@gatekeeperpr

paste here your rtmpdump command!

@greenbereta

Code:
    rtmpdump -r "rtmpe://video01.r2learning.com.br/Carreiras_Juridicas/" -a "Carreiras_Juridicas/" -T "!vy268Pz@2Ym4Bz" -y "mp4:direito_penal/151110_ut01_ue01_m01_prof_alexandre_salim_400k.mp4" -o 151110_ut01_ue01_m01_prof_alexandre_salim_400k.flv
    Code:
    RTMPDump v2.4 GIT-2012-03-08 (Compiled by KSV)
    Connecting ...
    WARNING: Trying different position for server digest!
    INFO:   timescale             15000.00
    INFO:   length                13371000.00
    INFO:   timescale             16000.00
    INFO:   length                14264320.00
    INFO:   audiosamplerate       16000.00
    INFO:   videoframerate        15.00
    INFO:   avclevel              30.00
    INFO:   avcprofile            77.00
    INFO:   width                 480.00
    INFO:   height                352.00
    INFO:   frameWidth            480.00
    INFO:   frameHeight           352.00
    INFO:   displayWidth          480.00
    INFO:   displayHeight         352.00
    INFO:   framerate             15.00
    INFO:   moovposition          32.00
    INFO:   duration              891.52
    25.494 kB / 0.33 sec (0.0%)
    Quote Quote  
  30. Bahman!
    You're back! You were off for some days'nposts, I was thinking you were quitting the boat.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote