VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The DVI port on my Hanns-g LCD stopped working? The standard VGA port will work,but the DVI port will not produce an image. I tried 2 different DVI-to-DVI cables and an HDMI - to DVI cable but no image on screen. I then hooked up standalone DVD player using the HDMI - to- DVI cable and got a normal image thru the monitors DVI port. It was Phillps 5990 upconverting to 1080P.
    How can the DVI port on the monitor work for the DVD player but not with a conputer hooked to it. FYI - the monitor went bad while I was loading Windows 7 on a backup computer. The install seemed to go well,but soon after finishing the install it stopped displaying 1440 x 900 and started reverting to base VGA resolution,then stopped working thru the DVI port.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How have you set the port in your computer display settings? Monitors are limited to the resolutions listed in the manual.

I doubt this is a hardware issue. It is most likeley a computer settings issue.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can set it to the default 1440 x 900 thru the standard VGA port but when I hook it up via DVI I get no image at all so setting to default on the DVI port won't work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109
    I can set it to the default 1440 x 900 thru the standard VGA port but when I hook it up via DVI I get no image at all so setting to default on the DVI port won't work.
    First, is 1440x900 a supported monitor resolution over DVI-D? What is the monitor model number? Can your dispaly card output 1920x1080p? You know that should work. It worked with the DVD player.

Try connecting the computer to a different monitor with DVI-D. The problem is either the computer display card or the DVI-D to DVI-D cable you are using.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The monitor is a Hanns-g HW191D,native resolution 1440 x 900. I setup W7 using an Nvidia 6200 which is when the problem developed. I switched to an ATI X300 card,problem persisted. Tred 3 different DVI cables. I then hooked up a diffent monitor and it worked normally. The new monitor was an Asus 1680 x 1050 unit,it booted up in 1440 x 900 but I simply reset it to 1680 x 1050 and it's working just fine with W7 comuter. I then hooked up one of my primary computers to the Hanns-g monitor and I was back to no image thru DVI. That computer has an ATI HD3400 video card which is 1920 x 1080 capable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109
    The monitor is a Hanns-g HW191D,native resolution 1440 x 900. I setup W7 using an Nvidia 6200 which is when the problem developed. I switched to an ATI X300 card,problem persisted. Tred 3 different DVI cables. I then hooked up a diffent monitor and it worked normally. The new monitor was an Asus 1680 x 1050 unit,it booted up in 1440 x 900 but I simply reset it to 1680 x 1050 and it's working just fine with W7 comuter. I then hooked up one of my primary computers to the Hanns-g monitor and I was back to no image thru DVI. That computer has an ATI HD3400 video card which is 1920 x 1080 capable.
    But it did work with the DVD player HDMI-DVI-D? And none of the computers?

Time to call Hanns-G support.

User reviews aren't good.
    http://www.amazon.com/Hanns-G-19Wide-Hb191Dpb-Dvi-D-Hdcp/product-reviews/B0013XVWPA/re...owViewpoints=1
    Quote Quote