VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi There,
    Sorry to be redundant with this topic but I am still having issues with ffmpegX and encoding .AVI to DVD conversions.
    The quality of the picture for the most part looks great, and the sound is good, but I am still dealing with jerky playback for DVDs.
    At least now I am trying them in the Mac DVD player before trying to burn them to disc which is saving money on DVD coasters. (Which is a thing I learned on this forum)
    I am sure the issue is the frames per second, but I have tried the 3:2 pull down while encoding, but my video at the end is the same as before.. 23.97 fps or so.
    I also read about doing that process after encoding although I'm not quite sure how to make that work with the files I have after encoding.
    I am basically trying to burn a TV show onto DVD for viewing on our set top JBL disc player.
    I also occasionally have had the encoding (ffmpegX) stop at between 15 and 19 %, and freeze my computer up, but that's another topic I guess.
    Anyway, thanks for any help, and special thanks to "Case" for all his or her help in the past..
    Also thanks for this forum which is a Great source of information.
    Bunky

Search Comp PM
    bunky, I'm going back to your original post
    to see if I can be of help.
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User

3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    One topic is ENOUGH.