VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I need to edit some M2TS files. I used to use DVDShrink to edit DVD files. Is there a program that has that functionality with Blu-ray?

I use AnyDVD to drop the Blu-ray video onto my HDD, but I can't seem to find a M2TS editor that will allow me to edit the files.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could try Smart Cutter ps/ts, not free though.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, nothing like dvd shrinks dvd editor yet. You can do some very basic editing using tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'll give those a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  5. To satisfy my own curiosity, I tried TSSniper (free) on a BD disc m2ts. It works. Normally I use it on HDTV ts captures.

But I suppose you know you'd have to author a new BD disc structure? Like Baldrick said, nothing available works like DVDShrink. What you get is a ts file you can mux with, for instance, tsMuxer. For more than one clip, use "Join" in tsMuxer. Or use multiAVCHD to author the new disc.

A couple tips on TSSniper:

It's not frame-accurate, but it does a fair job. Start frame should usually be dead on, but end frame may shift a few frames. If I back up a couple frames from where I'd rather the end be set for, it will make a nice cut without noise. A perfect spot would be on a fade out or black screen. Don't cut on the frame right before a scene change, you will get a noisy, ugly cut. Back up a few frames.

Install ffdshow and Haali splitter. In TSSniper settings, under Direct Show tab, change preferred splitter from automatic (the default) to "Haali Media Splitter (AR)". Always pause the preview before hitting a jump button, or the program will probably crash. If you start clicking a jump button as fast as you can, it will crash. Use the slider to get close to where you want to be.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote