VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having a problem with xvid4psp on windows 7. Using the latest stable version all encoding would just hang and say encoding, but it's not actually doing anything. After a quick search it seems like I need to use the latest beta or unofficial version. With that version when I try to add a subtitle file (.ass) I get a message saying it can't find vsfilter.dll. I added the vsfilter.dll file to the avisynth plugins directory, but now it tells me "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." Anyone have a similar issue and was able to resolve it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Never had a problem with XviD4PSP on W7, though I never use it with subs. I have used vsfilter with my own AVS scripts in W7 and it has worked OK so far.

Try running XviD4PSP as Adminstrator.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried that, but still have the same message. Also tried running in compatibility mode with no luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried it and it worked with subtitles(both ass and srt).

I use xvid4psp 5.0.37.5 rev25 and vsfilter.dll 2.39 in the
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Winnydows\XviD4PSP5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins folder.

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mine is version 2.39.5.2, is that same as yours? I'm still getting "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." as soon as I try to add a subtitle.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, 2.39.5.2.

Are you using the avisynth included in xvid4psp package? Or some other version?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I installed it, I had every option selected and I saw avisynth checked, but there was no vsfilter.dll file in my avisynth plugins folder. When I tried to add a subtitle it said unable to find vsfilter.dll (the red text that avisynth gives). So I manually downloaded vsfilter and copy and pasted it in that directory, which made that message go away, but instead I get the message, "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." which is not from avisynth, but from xvid4psp prompt message.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I did exactly the same and it works....so I guess it's something else then.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it make a difference whether you uninstall the previous version or just install the beta on top? Originally I uninstalled the official version first and then I installed the unofficial version. Would it make a difference if I install the latest stable version and install the unofficial version on top? Not sure if it would even let me do that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I get the same error if I select the Neat Video DVD denoise option.
    But I have seen that error on other message boards for different programs
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." - I had this error too, I changed video decoder to FFmpegsource(Video->Decoding->Other Files->FFmpegsource) and I don't have this error anymore. I hope it helps.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Need help.
    Just downloaded XviD4PSP 6.01
    Using Win 7 64bit
    I don't get the same look as what i see on the examples here.
    I don't have all the tabs on top.

What I want to do is to compress a VOB file to (AVI,MP4).
    I also need subtitle.
    Also, I would like to know if there really are no choices in-between than 3000 Kbps and 1000Kbps. Is there not a setting for 1500 Kbps?
    Is there no setting for MP3 VBR?
    The interface looks very good, I wish I could get it to work.
    Also, I wonder if there is a way to get an email telling me that there is an answer to my question. Is there such setti
    Quote Quote  
  13. I thought that I uncluded screenshot, but it does not show.
    Let me try again.
    I don't know how to do that. Now I only see how to add image from the web, but not from the file.
    Quote Quote