VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy All

I have recently started using the program "Handbrake". It seems like a good tool but Im having a technical problem with it.

Firstly I am using the program to convert video for my Iphone. I have been experimenting with home video files (because I don't have an avi file at the moment ) taken with a camcorder (mpg) i think. I have successfully converted 2 small files to mpeg4 and uploaded them to my phone.

Although the video files have a brilliant picture the sound only comes out one of stereo earpieces of the iphone. Im wondering if this problem is with the source files or something I have overlooked in the program.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does the new mp4 sound okey on your computer?

You could also try other free all-in-one converters like format factory or xvid4psp. They have profiles for iPhone.
    Quote Quote  
  3. What camcorder? How did you get video from the camcorder into the computer? Maybe you need one of these: http://www.cablesnmor.com/rca-y-splitter.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the camcorder files into the computer via a hardware processing video capture device. The brand was "videomate".

I did all of my home movie files with that.

So at the end of the day it could of been captured like that???
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I need to do some more experimenting with other files and not my home movie files.

I haven't got access to any internet quota at the moment, but when I do im going to try an avi file.

And no the file was the same on the pc. 1 speaker only. And thanks I'll try those other tools if I need to.

Has anyone had good experiences with "Handbrake" the video tool?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Oops, wrong thread...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Dnoscave
    I got the camcorder files into the computer via a hardware processing video capture device. The brand was "videomate".

I did all of my home movie files with that.

So at the end of the day it could of been captured like that???
    Was only a single audio connector (of the two) used on the capture device? Then yes, you only captured audio onto one of the stereo channels. In the future a Y adapter will take care of that (feed the mono signal from the camcorder into both the left and right channels of the capture device.

You can fix your current caps by copying the audio from one channel onto the other while you are converting. I don't use Handbrake so I don't know if it supports that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys

I just checked the source video and that only comes out in one speaker on the pc. That must be the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Dnoscave
    I just checked the source video and that only comes out in one speaker on the pc. That must be the problem.
    You can still copy the good channel over to the empty channel while you convert.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by Dnoscave
    You can still copy the good channel over to the empty channel while you convert.
    I have not found a way to do that via Handbrake. Mono in mono out...
    Convert, demux and mux it with another tool?
    Quote Quote