VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

I have a ton of FLV files that have been captured from YouTube (with Realplayer capturing), and I would like to find software that will write them to a HIGHLY compatible DVD that can be watched on a typical NTSC DVD player/Television.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but just because the file says .flv, doesn't mean that all .flv's are the same format.
    Currently, I have been converting the .flv's to .wmv's, then using NERO to write them to DVD (NTSC).
    But, this results in a hit-or-miss DVD. Some files work, some don't. Often audio is out of sink, or the video just doesn't play. NERO seems to be the problem, as the wmv's seem to work fine.

So, I'm looking for a simple solution that will take all the formats of (Youtube) FLV's and very easily write them to a watchable NTSC-DVD, without having to go through a "conversion" and then "authoring" process.

Most of the files are news interviews, and lectures...so the Video Quality isn't as important as the simplicity and the sucess in getting the files to the DVD and make them work.

Or, if there is NOT such a software, does anyone have a better solution by converting then authoring?
    My AnyVideoConvertor combined with NERO seem to not work reliably getting ALL the YouTube .FLV's DVD. Thanks folks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also, please note: I have tried DVDFlick, and I get the following error:

xxx.flv could not be opened. File may be corrupted or it's file may not be supported. Yet the files are viewable in a player, and are definately showing as .flv files. It's frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try the freeware tool WinFF. Drop the flv video in and use the NTSC DVD High Quality setting to make the MPEG2 conversion. Thereafter, try DVDFlick again with the newly-made MPEG2 video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will Do. Thank you. I may also try that conversion with WinFF, then use the already converted MPEG2's into NERO and see if that solves the audio sync and video lockup problems.

I like the NERO authoring stuff, but was frustrated in that it seemed to have problems with the trasnscoding conversion. Perhaps better luck starting with MPEG2's insteasd of the WMV's.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, has anyone run across a single program that will do it all in getting YouTube's various .FLV files to a reliable and compatible DVD, with streamlined ease of use and DVD player compatability being more important than actual Picture Quality?
    Quote Quote