VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As the title states, I'm kind of looking of a simple yet powerful movie editor like Imovie for my windows machine. Don't need anything over bloated. I did use Sony vegas years ago, but didn't really enjoy it as much as I did i Movie on my mac.

This is for my laptop with xp my laptop specs are listed by the way.

Jorge
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe the freeware MPEG StreamClip or Windows Movie Maker. Or the payware VideoReDo is popular. If you want a more featured editor, maybe Magix Movie Edit Pro or one of the other more advanced editors: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-editors-advanced
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well with iMovie you can do a bit more than movie maker. I just want something similar for my pc laptop. I tried adobe premiere elements 8 but it seems to be a little bit buggy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want FREE or do you mind paying?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont mind paying at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, ok... I'm probably no use then
    I've only played with freebies like Windows Movie Maker, VideoPad, and I've even set up Ubuntu Linux to play with Kdenlive and OpenShot. Between that lot I don't yet see the need to pay for anything... but my needs aren't that advanced (how powerful is iMovie?).

If you want to pay for one, you'll have to load trial versions or look on YouTube for tutorials which will give you an idea of what they're like in use.
    Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Depending on whether your are cutting DV .avi movies, mpg, or other format (you never said what type of video you cut), some editing programs are better than others. Peruse the choices in the Tools section of this site.

But if you don't like the Vegas interface, well...

I don't know how much simpler you can get with Windows Movie Maker, which is included in Windows XP.
    Quote Quote  
  8. how about something like sony vegas movie studio? at least you might still be familiar with the layout and you might find it easier than the old vegas pro. free trial available on their site, so it can't hurt to try it.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I'm basically editing video clips from my digital camera, nothing to special really. I believe they were mp4 if I'm not mistaken. The thing is that iMovie had the ken burns effect, as well as the Travel route animation... which was kind of neat. I did see some features of adobe premiere that were quite nice too, like the object following effect... where you can make an object follow your subjects.

Any suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, most of this will eventually end up on my youtube account anyways.
    Quote Quote