VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've tried ripbot264 and it seems to be what most use and say to use but are there any others? I need something with a GUI of course and auto shutdown.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why not to mkv? A bit more useful.
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  3. Most everything plays mp4 by default. Are there more software options going from blu-ray to mkv?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used Ripbot264 for Blu Rays and it's worked well for me - plus it supports both .mp4 and .mkv file containers. You can read my guide here and while it focuses on .mkv files, it should be similar for .mp4 files (though some of the optional features, like multiple soft subtitles, might not work for you with the .mp4 container.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    problem is that mp4 is not nearly as flexible, for items such as AC3 audio. Most stuff plays mkv as well (media tanks etc.). Use Clown_BD to rip what you want and mkvtoolnix to make mkv. Simple. Easy
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aside from Ripbot264, Handbrake is another great tool that you can encode to either mkv or mp4. I like to use Handbrake and encode to mkv for my dvd box sets, but for all my BR movies I just use Clown_BD, pull out the crap and throw the main movie, hd audio, and secondary AC3 audio into TS.
    Cheers,
    Damian

blog - http://dbone1026.blogspot.com
    contributing editor - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
    Quote Quote