VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guyz,

I really have a strange problem here, never happened before.
    I've a working MPEG-2 video, without any problem (if I play it with WMP, there are no errors), but when I load it into Vegas (version 9 or 8, it's the same), and I simple play it, sometimes the video-image freezes, for a few seconds, like if the video is damaged.

This happens for 2-3 seconds

PS: This happens on different computers too, I tried a Vista 64bit 8GB RAM, and same problem!

Any idea about that?
    Thanks
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. Vegas is not just playing the video like WMP, it is (in effect) rendering a small version of it within a complex video editing program that has a lot of other things potentially going on.

Your video is most likely not damaged, you are just expecting Vegas to play video as efficiently as a media player that does only media playing.

A few things to try/consider:
    1. set your video preview window to a smaller size and quality, such as draft or auto
    2. select a region where this is happening and loop playback. The freezing on a frame for a few seconds should stop after it loops through playing back the same section several times.
    3. set Vegas to pre-render to RAM (or something like that)
    4. in preferences, set the amount of RAM allocated to dynamic RAM preview to a higher number (this is in Vegas 6, I assume they carry a setting like this forward to newer) versions
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply guyz, I will try the things you said.
    Anyway this problem is going to be on the rendered video too (i'm doing a cam mix), so it doesn't seem just a problem of "preview".

What do you think?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SCDVD
    Just checked and in Vegas 9 the multi-core preview is already TRUE so enabled!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried everything posted here but still no solutions.
    I tried to demux the same video with tmpgenc plus and I didn't get this problem like Vegas.

Here you can find a little clip (2 MB) of what I mean with "freezing".

http://rapidshare.com/files/295182919/Test_freezing_Creep.zip.html

Into 4 different PCs (and different versions of Vegas), I get the same problem!

Any idea?
    Ty
    Chris
    Quote Quote  
  6. I can't reproduce the freezing on your sample clip with vegas , or any media player

There is distortion/pixellation near the end of the clip, but that's likely from the cut GOP, but it plays through it without freezing.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    I can't reproduce the freezing on your sample clip with vegas , or any media player

There is distortion/pixellation near the end of the clip, but that's likely from the cut GOP, but it plays through it without freezing.
    Right, maybe "freezing" wasn't the correct word to use (this usually means a blocked video or program).
    I mean the distorsion/pixellation you can see at the end of the clip, that's the problem I want to resolve!
    The video continues, and audio too, but I got a few seconds of this distorsion.
    This happens different times into the video.

How can i fix that?
    Quote Quote