VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use AutoGK but I have a question. Is there a way to really force AutoGK to convert a video file to 16:9?

I record things on DVD from TV and rip it to MPEG with VideoReDo TV Suite. Then I use AutoGK to get rid of the black bars so I can upload it on YouTube. But the output file doesn't have a true 16:9 aspect ratio. It's like it cuts off a little left and right as well. This results in small black bars left and right in the Youtube player and a 425*344 embed code. Does anyone know a solution for my problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. AutoGK works correctly. It has no control over what Youtube does to your videos.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YouTube was an example. The output file I get isn't true 16:9 either. It is when I try it with an original DVD. It only happens with recordings on DVD. I guess it has something to do with how my DVD recorder records a program.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I missed the part about the DVD recorder. There are several possible issues. Rather than address all of them you should post a small sample. Use DgIndex, mark a 5 or 10 second segment (a shot where there is something large with a known aspect ratio, like a ball, a tire viewed directly from the side, a famous person's face, etc), demux the video, and upload the M2V file here. I'll take a look and let you know what is going on.

Note that AutoGK normally attempts to remove black borders from the source.
    Quote Quote