VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    as the title suggests, are there any open source alternatives to this software:

http://www.vreveal.com/

i downloaded the demo and despite a few limitations (like only enhancing videos that have a max vertical resolution of less than 576p and offering 2x resolution for videos 288p and lower) i found it to be excellent, but slow as hell, even with the CUDA acceleration powering it (if ever there was a piece of software that makes the case for as many cores as possible, this is it).

i'm guessing some really bad ass coders may be able to accomplish the same results with some custom avisynth script, but i'm wondering if there is any other 1 click solution comparable to this?

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub with the demo version Neat Video (free for non-commercial use) and a few other filters will do most of what vReveal can do. That said, Neat isn't much faster . . . . . .
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I actually thought the opposite of the app: it was fast as hell but the quality wasn't as good as I could achieve with AE and Magic Bullet. Unfortunately I haven't played with freeware options for this in years...
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote