VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have made a recording for school on the Canon ZR85 and I want to play/edit the recording on my Mac OSX. The instructions say I need an IEEE1394 terminal adapter to play the recording. When I attach the USB cable to the recorder and then to my Mac, nothing shows up on my desktop. I thought the Mac had a built in firewall for just this situation. Could someone please help me, I'm lost and I need to edit this recording for my class this week. I will appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. what you need is a regular firewire/ieee1394/iLink cable. usb is for picture transfer or sometimes webcam use.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    what you need is a regular firewire/ieee1394/iLink cable. usb is for picture transfer or sometimes webcam use.
    Thank you so much for your help. You have really saved the day!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the firewire/ieee1394 cable, but it still won't work. I loaded the utilities (via CD) onto my mac, but still nothing. My camcorder does not have a "network mode" setting, so I have to use "Card Play" mode. Is there something I'm missing? I've followed the directions and still nothing.
    Quote Quote