VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guys, I would like to know which of these two is faster in encoding video to DVD,
    and which one has the better resolution after encoding, e.g encoding 10 videos to a single DVD?

Any help is greatly appreciated ^^
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My only comments:
    1) I chucked AVS when they asked me for $1 to send to China. Very odd - do they want my bank details...?

2) I use DVD Author 3 TMPEnc and that works well with most video files and allows titles and basic editing.
    Cigarshaped 'cause I saw one in 1965. I edit home videos and compile DVDs. Teach electronics for the day job.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    neither...

Avs2dvd is better and also support menus (still or motion ones) etc etc etc...i wont say anything about the price factor because its really not an issue because avs2dvd is better than any of them.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the comments guys,

but, really, I need to know which of the two encodes faster, it's a friend's request
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Kuerenz if you setup avs2dvd to do a one pass conversion it will be faster... all the apps nowadays use quenc/hcenc/ffmpeg they all take about the same time .... if speed is an important factor just use tmpgenc free and select vcd mode....it beats any of the above lol...or favc and use the vcd mode select 2 or 4 cores and it will be even faster.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're confused.

Speed results in lower quality.

Resolution has nothing to do with encoding as you ask it.

The most you can put on a DVD is 4 hours before it starts to look like shit. The threshold for a decent quality image is about 2-2.5Mbps @ 352x480, assuming the content will allow it. Depending on AR and scenes, sometimes you can put no more than 1 or 2 hours per disc.

The programs you ask about are designed for certain applications, useless beyond the scope for which they are designed (standard AVI codec downloads to DVD).
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote