VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this simple but useful grade calculator program
    http://rapidshare.com/files/291006462/GRADE.EXE.html
    that doesn't have a unique icon associated with it (see screenshot).
    My question is, how can I modify the software so that there is a permanent icon (almost any icon will do).
    The present default icon makes it look like a virus.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As a one-off on your desktop, right-click and select Properties, then click on Change Icon and browse for a new one. Icons can be stored in an .ico file, or in a .dll or an .exe file.

If you want a permanent change then you need to do this before you compile the program. Your development environment should allow you to assign (and hopefully embed) an icon so it goes with the program.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you want a permanent change then you need to do this before you compile the program. Your development environment should allow you to assign (and hopefully embed) an icon so it goes with the program.
    I want to permanently (embed) a different icon. I didn't make the software. All I have is the EXE. Could you look at the software EXE (see above link) and tell me if this can be done easily? The terms compile the program and development environment are beyond me at this time. However, if this software icon can easily be changed, I think I could learn a lot by learning how to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    google RESOURCE EDITOR (though it looks like a command-line program; adding icons may not work)

Trevor
    Quote Quote