VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been fighting with several videos that play fine most of the time, but start to get choppy during high-motion sequences. Most notably, Earth (2007 Blu-Ray.) I'm running a dual-core Intel 2.53GHz cpu and an nVidia 9600 video card. For what's seemed like months, I've experimented with VLC versions, Zoom Player, MPC, etc. After exhausting searches, I finally found the solution. MPCHC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) is the total fix for my problem. Even though MPC lets you send your output to the video card's GPU (using the EVR option for Vista/Windows 7), it was still choking my CPU at 40-70% playing 1080p content. After moving to MPCHC AND using the EVR option, my video not only plays perfectly smooth, but it dropped my CPU level down to around 5-10%, even during the high-motion sequences that bogged my PC down previously. As far as I'm concerned, there should only be one player to use for MKV for now....MPCHC! I hope this helps others that have encountered the same issues I have. For the longest I thought my processing power wasn't enough, but it was all in the right software and configuration. Best of luck!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try splash and will drop your cpu to 2-3% maybe

1.0.2 still doesnt support mkv subitles but 1.0.3 should support it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sdbyrd View Post
    After moving to MPCHC AND using the EVR option, my video not only plays perfectly smooth
    Could you please let me know specifically what you configured in MPCHC? I am trying to mess around with settings I don't understand but I am not having any luck to remove the choppiness.

I would appreciate it

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Never mind, I had a hardware issue.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks man, this helped a lot!!
    MPCHC is now my default player for 1080p videos!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    looks like 9800 supports purevideo cyberlink 11 is great for purevideo, also plex is pretty good
    Shuttle Atom - with ION

Best Programs
    1. Cyberlink - best!! performance purevideo hd
    2. Plex - awesome

the rest when something doesn't work right

3. Windows mediaplayer - what!!
    4. Splayer
    5. Vlc

and then i realise for files 1.4gb + recommend running of hdd not wifi/network 100mb may do fine but running of hdd or ssd will see performance benefit and then i switch back to cyberlink FTW.
    Quote Quote