VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have Lite-on internal DVD writer with SATA external enclosure which has both USB and Firewire connection. I connected this device using USB 2.0 connection to my laptop. There's no problem reading both CD/DVD. However when I run Nero to burn CD/DVD, the software stop working along with my computer before launching the first screen. I tried to stop the program from windows task manager but it won't stop until I unplug the USB connection.

I've tried different version of Nero but it didn't work. I tried DeepBurner and it doesn't detect the DVD Writer Drive. ImgBurn does detect the drive but it stopped burning in 0%. I also tried connecting the DVD writer to some other laptop but it got the same problem.

I don't think there is problem with the DVD writer. Does it have something to do with the enclosure?

Additional Information :
    I have 3 USB ports. I use one for mouse and another one for cooler. I unplugged those two and tried to connect the device to each USB port but it didn't work.

My external enclosure have :
    1 cable connecting the adaptor and the power source
    1 adaptor
    1 cable with 4 small cables (1red, 2black, 1 yellow) )connecting the adaptor and the DVD writer)
    1 SATA cable
    1 IDE&SATA port (connecting SATA cable and USB cable) with blue light indicator
    1 USB cable connect to my laptop

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This belongs in the DVD Writer section not DVD Recorders.

Your problem could be the external enclosure that you're using. Some external enclosures chipset will not work correctly with internal dvdrw's.
    Quote Quote