VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Donald Graft's logo filter to put a bitmap logo on my vids , I want to make the background of the logo seems transparent. I do it easily by the internal VDubmod logo filter , but i want to use Donald Graft's logo filter because it gives me more options ...... How to set the color channel values to produce a transparent color?

the logo is like that:
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I believe a transparent logo must be a .tiff or something other than a bitmap or jpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  3. His filter uses masks, so on the mask layer, areas that are white transmits the the corresponding area of the logo, areas that are black become transparent and show the video layer.

You would make the mask in photoshop or other image editor (maybe gimp, irfanview etc...), and it has to be 24-bit .bmp , just like the actual logo

You have to name the mask the same name as the logo, with the letter A at the end

e.g.
    logo.bmp
    logoA.bmp

Here is an example of a mask, but you can make the white/black areas whatever you want to let areas show through

1062009115547pma.bmp
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    His filter uses masks, so on the mask layer, areas that are white transmits the the corresponding area of the logo, areas that are black become transparent and show the video layer.

You would make the mask in photoshop or other image editor (maybe gimp, irfanview etc...), and it has to be 24-bit .bmp , just like the actual logo

You have to name the mask the same name as the logo, with the letter A at the end

e.g.
    logo.bmp
    logoA.bmp

Here is an example of a mask, but you can make the white/black areas whatever you want to let areas show through

1062009115547pma.bmp
    thank u so much , I could manage it with your instructions.
    You r always the best one who helps me at this forum
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54
    I believe a transparent logo must be a .tiff or something other than a bitmap or jpeg.
    thanq 4 response , but by this filter u can use only bitmap logos .... its solved by poisondeathray s constructions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The built-in logo filter in VDub takes PNG files but I've had "hit or miss" luck with both actually... I always make them TOO big.
    Quote Quote