VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DTS and AC3 are the two types of audio. I only have Divx Preview installed on Windows 7. What do I need to install to get audio working? I really would like to avoid using codec packs
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you also have an ac3 decoded installed? That fixed my audio problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try AC3Filter. It should handle your AC3 and DTS. And if you need other commonly used codecs, you might try ffdshow. It's not a codec pack, but it supports quite a few codecs. And it doesn't cause problems like codec packs can.

And just for general playback, try VLC player. It has it's own codecs and plays most formats without having to install anything else.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the late follow up.

I tried ffdshow but I didn't get any audio. Am I supposed to do anything more to get it working?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried playing it in vlc as redwudz suggested? Also try mediaplayerclassic - there is a cinema version that can readily do high def files. Both free to use - they work on vista so I"m assuming they work on windows 7 or will soon with an update.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They both do but I don't want to use another video player as I want to use one media player for music and movies and I'm fine with WMP

But yeah, I get audio from VLC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open "Audio decoder configuration" from ffdshow's Start Menu folder, and highlight 'Codecs' in the left-hand pane of the configuration window that pops up. Scroll through the list of codec/formats on the right. Are any of the choices for AC3 and DTS (as well as any other format that might apply, here), set to 'Disabled' under the 'Decoder' column?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. I switched to x64 and still can't hear anything. Not disabled so not sure what is going on
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FYI - I gave up on getting this to work and installed Shark007's codec pack. Working like it should now
    Quote Quote