VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I have anime in .mkv files. I really want to watch them on our 48" TV and the only way I can do that is using my xbox 360. I have tried GOTSent which is a great program but will not transfer the subtitle track. I loaded up the file with MKVExtractGUI and it has nothing in the "Contents" Field and the extract button is not clickable. There has to be some way to do this maybe I am overlooking something easy. Anybody know what I can do to keep the subs in the video? and make it playable on the Xbox?

Example File: [Mazui]_To_Aru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_-_01_[F88007AF].mkv

MKVinfo (command line) shows that track 3 is the subtitle track but I dont know how to use MKVExtract to Extract it...

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you install mkvtoolnix to the directory in which you installed MKVExtractGUI?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Snipergod87
    Anybody know what I can do to keep the subs in the video? and make it playable on the Xbox?
    Unfortunately the Xbox360 only supports DVD subs and not any of the "text" sub formats such as .SUB or .SRT.

Your choices are either to recode the video with hard subs, or create a DVD with a subtitle track.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would recommend just using the mkvmerge GUI (part of the mkvtoolnix package) to demux your subtitle track. I have never tried it before, but you might see if BDSup2Sub can take your text sub titles and convert them to the .idx/.sub files that DVDs use.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could also stream the file to your 360 with PS3 Media Server (yes it works with the 360) or TVersity. Personally I like PS3 Media Server better. I use the program all the time to stream all kinds of video, including anime, to my PS3. I've tried it with my 360 and it works fine. At least this way you won't have to reconvert anything since the program will do all the transcoding on the fly.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will take a look at the Playstation media server less encoding the better if they doesnt work i will work in mkv extract. and i dod put mkvtoolnix int he mkvextractgui folder
    Quote Quote