VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have exported a video from Premiere Pro CS4 in various formats, e.g. wmv and flv. These work fine locally but not online. I have fpt'ed them to my web site using Wise FTP but MediaPlayer gives me:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

If I download the flv version Realplayer plays a couple of seconds but is very pixlated or a still image. Again, it's perfect locally.

I have tried several times, in case the file was corrupted, with different files and formats but NFG. Oddly, my older files (mov, avi, wmv) on the site work fine.

Help gratefully received before I lose consciousness from banging my head against the wall.

UPDATE:

Just tried converting with AVS Video Tools and it works fine when downloaded. So it looks like something to do with Adobe Media Encoder but what?
    Quote Quote  
  2. for online flv you might try flash player, applian flash player, flv player, or vlc. mwp and rp aren't good for it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm trying to get it to work for general viewing so don't want it to be fussy. Oddly, now I have loaded my registered version of AVS, re-uploaded the video it doesn't work. The same as it was from Adobe Encoder, so maybe it's a problem with the upload or my web space?

This used to work OK and I have uploaded lots of video in different formats to the same site using the same s/w. FOr some unknown reason it has stopped working. I have even tried uploading from a different PC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. are you trying to get them to stream off the website like youtube? or right click a link/save-as download a file then play them?

maybe your ftp upload software has a problem? give filezilla a try, free and the best i've used. because if they play fine before uploading there shouldn't be any problem after the d/l, it should be the exact same file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just tried again on my other PC and it worked fine this time using Wise FTP. Weird. Will try on original PC and reload Wise if I have a prob. Cheers!
    Quote Quote